Bard College Berlin, A Liberal Arts University is now accepting applications for a part-time position as Internship and Career Networking Officer (20 hours per week)
As a coordinating interface reporting to the Head of Student Life, this staff position brings together and further develops the individual activities of the Program for International Education and Social Change (PIESC), the Internship Program, the Office of Civic Engagement and the German Studies Program. Working jointly with members of these teams and the new “Acting Coordinator of the German Program for Blended Learning, New Language Learning Formats and Schreibförderung,” the central focus will be the maintenance and expansion of the existing connections between Bard College Berlin and the German working world within the framework of the Internship Program. Special emphasis will be placed on supporting the new German-language „Work and Life in Berlin“ course by providing suitable training and establishing contacts with employers in the fields of business, culture and politics.
In addition to general administrative support for the Internship Program and dedicated expansion of BCB’s connections and networks with the German-speaking labor market, this position will include developing a module that supports BCB’s required academic moderation (at the second year of study) with a practical component. Together with the Office of Civic Engagement and the Internship Program, the Internship and Career Networking Officer will coordinate workshops and advisory meetings on topics such as professional qualifications, the labor market, questions of residence law and language requirements in the workplace. A further important task will be to support sustainable career opportunities that go beyond the study period. In doing so, the Officer will work closely with the Office of Civic Engagement to take up students‘ projects and explore their professional potential together with them. This includes, among other things, the organization of monthly workshops and individual advisory meetings in which the students acquire important skills in fundraising, media use, project management and outreach. The Officer is to assist the students with questions regarding association and business start-up modalities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Place students taking the internship course into internships
- Network with internship hosts and build the network of potential internship hosts in Berlin
- Create connections between Bard College Berlin and relevant German companies and organizations outside the college
- In collaboration with the Faculty, develop the module that requires students to connect with the labor market
- Present and coordinate workshops and advisory meetings related to the “Work and Life in Berlin” course on topics including professional qualifications, the labor market, questions of residence law, etc.
- Work with students to professionalize their civic engagement projects in the German market
- Support and counsel international students in obtaining visas and residence permits for study and work in Germany
- Collaborate with various departments on campus and relevant campus initiatives
- BA and minimum 3 years of prior work experience in Berlin (preferably in the NGO, cultural or tech sectors)
- Fluency in English and German (additional languages a plus)
- Active interest in working with a diverse, international student body
- Project management experience
- Experience with database software
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter, and contact of 2 references (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship and Career Networking Officer” in the subject line (email with pdf-attachments only).
Review of applications will start on Sept 7 and continue until the position is filled, with a starting date as soon as possible. Please direct your questions to email@example.com
Bard College Berlin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or age.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!