Project coordinator for Bergen Assembly
Freelance contract: May 2020– November 2022
Location: The position is based in Berlin and partly Bergen
Bergen Assembly is seeking a project coordinator to work with the upcoming edition of Bergen Assembly. Reporting to the Convener and the Director, the Project coordinator will serve as primary liaison between the Convener and the Bergen Assembly team. The Project coordinator will support and oversee project development and research, development of timelines and budgets. As well as structure, organize and maintain information flow between the Convener and Assembly team; maintain, update, and circulate project outlines and concept; work with Convener and Bergen Assembly staff to coordinate necessary research, among other duties.
- Structure communication between convener and Bergen assembly team and director; allowing everyone to follow the progress of the project
- Research on behalf of convener
- Manage timelines and ensure timely delivery of content
- Brief the Director on a bi-weekly basis on the development of the project
- Support budget and timeline drafting ensuring that they are completed timely
- Develop systems and the use of digital tools to coordinate the project development
- Manage the timeline of the project, collaborate on the production of milestones document
- Support the development and management of budget
- Coordination of commissioned research and text work
- Collect and structure contact lists to all collaborators, artists and others throughout the project
- Liaise with commissioned artists for the delivery of their contributions
- Excellent planning and communication skills, ability to administrate various online and offline sharing platforms
- Demonstrable proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of budget management
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Detail orientated working manner
- Calm under pressure
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative
- Proven ability to operate to tight and/or changing deadlines
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience of working with perennial formats
- Working in a non-gallery setting
- Experience of cross art form production
- Knowledge of the Scandinavian or Norwegian art scene
Bergen Assembly offers an exciting position working from an early stage with the development of a concept and project for the next edition of the triennial. An energetic environment of a flexible and ambitious art institution. This position provides the opportunity to spend big parts of 2022 in Bergen, working with the team and artists. The position will mean working in close collaboration with the convener and Bergen Assembly team as well as artists, theorists, curators and other cultural practitioners.
About Bergen Assembly
Bergen Assembly, one of Norway’s most important international visual art arenas, is organized every three years by the City of Bergen-owned association Bergenstriennalen AS. Together with its international Advisory Board, Bergen Assembly appoints one or more conveners to engage a broad field of art practitioners from all over the world, in collaboration with the local art scene. With emphasis on longer time-frames for development and production as well as innovative formats, Bergen Assembly is an agile, flexible institution that welcomes new artistic approaches to the critical concerns of today’s world.
To apply please send CV and a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!