The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation and peacebuilding. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
The position serves the purpose of generating systematic institutional funding for Berghof Foundation on the international level. The Fundraising Coordinator will have a focus on institutional/governmental donors and will be responsible for core fundraising from these donors. Being aware of all the Berghof Foundation’s fundraising approaches, the coordinator will support and advise the Executive Director and management as well as the project teams in their fundraising activities.
Overview of the position:
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited contract until the end of 2021 with possibility of extension
Location: Berlin, Germany
Team & reporting line: Fundraising & reporting directly to Executive Management
Your areas of responsibility:
- Building, strengthening and coordinating of the Berghof Foundation’s core fundraising activities for institutional / governmental donors in the context of existing fundraising activities
- Introduction, development and maintenance of a suitable fundraising database for core funding activities and a moves management tailored to the specific needs of the Berghof Foundation
- Identification and monitoring of new potential donors
- Collecting and coordinating funding opportunities from existing and procurable institutional donors and make them available for the Executive Director, the management and the Berghof Foundation’s teams
- Supporting the Berghof Foundation’s teams by monitoring announced and open calls for proposals and providing advice on different aspects of the application process
- Provide briefings for the Executive Director and designing of the entire donor cycle of institutional donors, especially the detailed preparation and follow-up of the asks
What you can expect from us:
- The participation in an international, open-minded team in a pleasant working atmosphere with a lot of room for creative solutions and own ideas
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- Confidence based flexible working hours
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- A remuneration commensurate with the task
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and travel conditions
- Agile mindset
Your knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree in International Relations, European Studies, other political, economic or social science disciplines, or other relevant fields
- Relevant multi-year professional experience in fundraising, preferably with a focus on institutional donors
- Experience in working with databases used for fundraising
- Excellent communication, presentation and strong networking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, good German skills and other language skills are an asset
- Identification with the values and work of the Berghof Foundation
Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 07.09.2020 through our online application system only by pressing the blue „Apply“ button.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!