The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation working to prevent political and social violence and to achieve sustainable peace around the world. We have over 45 years of experience in peace support, conflict transformation research and peace education. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
The organisation has tripled in size over the past five years and has recently decided to invest in communications as part of its further growth strategy. The Communications Department was established in October 2018 and we are now looking for experienced and motivated professionals to join the team and build up the areas of media and public relations as well as online communications in order to increase the organisation’s visibility.
Based in Berlin your main tasks and responsibilities within this full-time position will be:
Ensure timely and clear communication of the Berghof Foundation’s activities, impact, positions and messaging to external audiences by:
- Developing communications plans and media relations for global and regional/thematic work
- Handling interview requests and building relationships with key media
- Identifying opportunities to reach new and existing audiences
- Drafting content for the media and the website, including press releases, web features, blog posts, opinion pieces
- Promoting and managing events in the new conference space
- Planning launches of major publications and providing support for the publications process
- Ensuring professional and necessary standards in design, tone and method of communications
- Creating marketing materials to support fundraising efforts
- Providing communications training to staff and supporting spokespeople in interview preparations, as required
Your qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in communications, political science, journalism, international affairs or other relevant fields
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in communications in an international or media organisation
- Demonstrated experience in media relations, publications launches and events promotion essential
- Excellent communications skills in both English and German (both to native speaker standard) required
- Excellent writing and editing skills essential
- Knowledge of the German as well as international media market
- Experience in developing advocacy and public campaigns as well as marketing materials desired
Your additional skills:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative and creativity
- Strong organisational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Additional languages, in particular Arabic and/or Spanish are an asset
- Knowledge of and considerable interest in peace and conflict issues and/or international affairs
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to work on complex and interesting challenges
- Working for a good cause and creating change
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development and trainings
- Contribution to company pension scheme
- This full-time position will be based in Berlin, starting as soon as possible.
- The contract duration will initially be limited to 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (in English) as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) through our online application system only by clicking on the blue Apply-button below.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!