The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation and peacebuilding. Headquartered in Berlin, the organization is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
For our project in Somalia “Miisaan: Social Cohesion and Legitimate Governance Through Transitional Justice”, we are looking for a
Project Manager (div/f/m)
The full-time (100%) position will be based in Berlin, starting January 1st 2021, limited to October 31, 2022.
This project seeks to develop inclusive, locally informed, and widely supported transitional justice concepts and mechanisms that are endorsed by key government and civil society actors and contribute to strengthening social cohesion and governance structures.
Main tasks of the position include: Manage the overall implementation of the project in Somalia in close coordination with both Berlin and Somalia based staff, as well as the project consortium partners.
- Organize, coordinate, and implement project activities in close collaboration with the project team in Berlin and Somalia
- Joint conceptual development of project activities
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with the other project consortium members in East Africa
- Budget monitoring
- Close monitoring of thematic area of transitional/transformative justice and dialogue engagement
- Development of follow up concept notes/proposals if deemed necessary
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, political science, or international relations
- 3+ years’ work experience in peacebuilding projects with a thematic focus on dialogue, mediation or transitional justice processes
- Excellent organisational, management and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and German; Somali is beneficial
- Strong ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Willingness to travel to East Africa, including Somalia, and ability to work under pressure
What you can expect from us:
- Highly experienced and engaged community of practice
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- Flexible working hours and flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working
- Shallow hierarchies and teamwork
- Agile mindset
The contract duration of the full-time position (40hrs./week), starting in January 1st 2021 is limited until October 31, 2022 with the possibility of extension.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) by November 15th 2020 through our online application system by pressing the blue "Apply" button. Thank you!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!