The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation bringing people in conflict together to prevent or overcome political and social violence around the world. We have over 45 years of experience in peace support, conflict transformation research and peace education. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
For our Yemen Unit, we are looking for a
Project Manager (div/f/m)
The full-time (100%) position will be based in Berlin, starting in September , initially limited to 31.12.2022
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Head of Unit you will
- Ensure close communication and coordination with the Yemen-based project team and partner
- Provide thematic and conceptual guidance to the project team in close collaboration with the project advisor
- Plan, manage and monitor the implementation of the project
- Ensure sound financial management and internal documentation
- Write regular reports for the donor and regularly brief them
- Contribute to fundraising for follow-up or related projects
Your qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, law or political sciences
- Proven track record in the management of projects in conflict areas (in the MENA region, ideally in Yemen); relevant professional experience of at least 3 years is mandatory
- Experience with conflict transformation and/or specific stabilization approaches
- Very strong communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency in Arabic is a strong asset
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Your additional skills:
- Strong empathetic skills to work with unconventional and demanding conflict actors
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Regular travel in Europe and the MENA region will be required
- Curiosity, passion, flexibility and perseverance
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, applicants may be contacted before the deadline.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) by 20 August 2020 through our online application system by pressing the blue „Apply“ button. Thank you!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Gesines Jobtipps sind handverlesen und für Jobsuchende sowie Arbeitgeber*innen kostenfrei. Und ich verdiene meinen Lebensunterhalt damit – durch freiwillige Zahlungen.
Bitte unterstütz mich mit einem Betrag Deiner Wahl. Danke!Veröffentlicht in Drittmittel / Finanzen / Fundraising Evaluation / Qualitätsmanagement Kommunikation / Lobbying Koordination Projekte / Veranstaltungen Berlin und Umgebung NGO / Stiftung / Sozialunternehmen Vollzeit