The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation bringing people in conflict together to prevent or overcome political and social violence around the world. We have over 45 years of experience in peace support, conflict transformation research and peace education. Headquartered in Berlin, the NGO is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
To join our team as soon as possible in the effort to provide spaces for conflict transformation we are looking for a part-time (initially 50%)
(Senior) Advisor Mediation & Negotiation Support (m/f/div)
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Executive Director you will
- Contribute to the further development of Berghof Foundation’s approach to mediation and negotiation support
- Conceptualize and facilitate training and dialogue workshops for different conflict stakeholders in political negotiations, peace mediation and conflict transformation
- Support project and proposal development in your area of expertise to Berghof Units/Teams
- Provide billable services externally; e.g. consulting/training/speaker inquiries
- Support internal knowledge management via internal trainings
Your qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Proven track-record of project implementation related to mediation, mediation support and negotiation support
- A minimum professional mediation/negotiation support & training experience of 7 years is mandatory
- Proven > 10 relevant years of professional experience would be considered senior level
- Track record of professional involvement in the negotiation/mediation field on different tracks, preferably 1-1.5 level
- Experience of working with non-state armed groups, religious actors and/or insider mediators
- Master in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, law or political science
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and/or Spanish, German is an add on
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- You are used to frequent travels, also to places of acute crisis
Your additional skills:
- Strong empathetic skills to work with unconventional and demanding conflict actors
- Ability to work under time-pressure
- Curiosity, passion, flexibility and perseverance
What you can expect from us:
- Highly experienced and engaged community of practice
- Transparent terms of compensation & benefits
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and travel conditions
- Flat hierarchies and teamwork
- Flexible working hours
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- Agile mindset
The contract starts part-time and the contract duration will initially be limited to 2 years, with the possibility of extension. You will be working from our Berlin office (Germany).
Please submit an updated CV and a detailed statement about your skills and interests as well as diplomas, certificates and references (incl. contact information) through our online application system by pressing the blue „Apply“ button below.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!