Foundation-funded and non-profit, we at Clean Energy Wire CLEW want to make a difference with top-quality journalism on the energy transition and climate policy in Germany and beyond. Since our start in 2014, we have provided hundreds of journalists across the globe with facts, context and contacts to cover one of the defining stories of our time. Nearly 200 journalists from all continents have signed up to our CLEW Journalism Network and hundreds more are affiliated through joint events, cooperation and partner networks. They share a drive to inform the public about the energy transition and climate crisis – stories that are not defined by national borders. We want to enable these passionate journalists to collaborate on stories with their colleagues around the globe.
That’s why we’re looking with immediate effect for a talented networker with a strong affinity for 21st century journalism – from traditional to digital media – to take our network to its next level as
Journalism Network Manager m/f/d (80-100%) in Berlin
You are the first point of contact for the network. You use the full range of modern communication and social media tools to keep our journalists’ network lively, connected and engaged. You create events and formats to inform and train colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You act as a hub for questions, ideas and cooperation among members, and link our own correspondents and freelance journalists to the activities.
You will manage our network of partner institutions, hunt for new partners and look out for opportunities to collaborate with other networks. You will also play a crucial role in our upcoming strategy process.
Main duties include:
- Designing and coordinating events to grow and engage the network
- Creating and implementing a well-targeted social media strategy for the network across diverse platforms
- Winning new partners for the network, maintaining strong relationships with existing partners
- Acting as first port-of-call for journalists seeking support or contacts, coordinating support activities
- At least two years of experience in journalism, public relations/affairs or related areas
- Professional experience working in international networks and with a global perspective
- A proven ability to work actively with social media and other community-building tools
- The ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work independently as a self-starter
- Professional English is essential, good German a big plus
- The unique opportunity to take the leading role in a lively journalism network
- The chance to shape the future of energy transition and climate journalism
- Room to develop and implement new ideas and innovative forms of cooperation among journalists
- The fun of working in a team of highly motivated, highly professional journalists and media pros in Berlin
- A contract until 31 December 2021 (the end of our current funding period)
Please upload a cover letter including your salary expectations and earliest starting date, CV including your social media contacts, and other relevant material to https://cloud.sefep.eu/s/BiR7CCWPsEG7DXG.
Deadline for applications is 25 November. If you have questions, please send an email
to email@example.com or call 0049 30 70 01 43 52 11.
Find the PDF to share this job ad here.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!