Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: 1 March 2021
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Officer (MENA) for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Director of Programmes, you will coordinate all phases of project implementation in accordance with the project proposal(s)/contract, the donor requirements and conditions and DRI policy and procedures, in particular project planning, development, monitoring and up-dating of work plans, effective delivery of project activities in compliance with project documents and the fulfilment of reporting requirements as well as ensuring compliance with the relevant financial, procurement and reporting procedures. You will also oversee all aspects of project closure and ensure close coordination and regular and effective communication between project partners.
- Monitor compliance and ensures quality delivery of the project workplan and expenditure;
- Support or manage the recruitment and contract management of international experts, auditors and evaluators;
- Ensure quality and contributes to project publications and other communication products, in consultation with communications coordinator, Director of Programmes and other relevant colleagues;
- Act as a budget holder for the projects under your responsibility;
- Act as desk officer in HQ for your relevant country and project portfolio;
- Feed relevant project information into organisation-wide processes;
- Develop concept notes for presentation to donors and drafts / reviews project proposals;
- Ensure quality reporting of relevant project narrative reports;
- Carry out research and analysis on project-relevant trends and issues, as required;
- Keep supervisor and colleagues abreast of any relevant developments that may significantly affect the project and discusses options for response;
- Support project staff in development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plans in line with DRI’s MEL strategy;
- Support project staff in mainstreaming gender and diversity in its projects;
- Ensure sound knowledge management and documentation;
- Plan for and co-ordinate project closure, including assets handover, archiving and exit interviews;
- Act as focal point on technical and thematic issues as assigned;
- Support Programme Manager / Coordinator at HQ in any aspects of their work required;
- Support the Programme Unit in project design and fundraising to position DRI for new opportunities in the MENA and globally;
- Travel regularly to Country Offices and project locations, as required;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in international relations, political science, law, social sciences, or a related field;
- At least two years of experience in project coordination or management either with international organisations or NGOs;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and spreadsheets used to track project activities and outputs;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with German and European Union-funded projects is desirable as well as knowledge of other bilateral and multi-lateral donors;
- Previous work experience in the field of governance, democracy and human rights, is a distinct advantage;
- Experience of working on governance issues in the MENA region is an asset;
- Previous experience and interest in communication and/or fundraising is an asset;
- Knowledge of additional languages (French, German or Arabic) is a distinct asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, a contribution to public transport (company ticket with BVG), a health ticket (Gesundheitsticket Plus) to be applied towards health and wellness activities of your choosing, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 21 February 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!