E3G is looking for an experienced writer to join its Clean Economy Briefing Service (CEBS) team. The role can be based in either E3G’s Brussels or Berlin offices.
E3G is an independent European climate change think tank with a global outlook. We are world leading strategists on the political economy of climate change, dedicated to achieving a safe climate for all.
E3G builds cross-sectoral coalitions to achieve carefully defined outcomes, chosen for their capacity to leverage change. We work closely with likeminded partners in government, politics, business, civil society, science, the media, public interest foundations and elsewhere.
E3G operates around the world with offices in Berlin, Brussels, London and Washington. D.C. E3G is consistently ranked as one of the top-ten most influential environmental think tank’s in the world by the University of Pennsylvania’s Global Go To Think Tank Index.
We work on the frontier of the climate landscape tackling the barriers and advancing the solutions to a safe climate. Our goal is to translate climate politics, economics and policies into action.
As E3G transforms to meet the challenges ahead, we are growing and looking for brilliant people to join our dedicated and dynamic team of experts. Come and be part of making the necessary possible.
E3G offers a dynamic and fast paced working environment that will value your insight, initiative and collaboration wherever you are in the organisation.
E3G values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Building a climate safe world requires aligning different forces in society to create the laws and institutions necessary to drive change. E3Gs Political Economy and Governance work sets out to understand how countries economic conditions interact with their political system to produce decisions on climate change.
As part of our Political Economy and Governance programme, you’ll work with E3G programmes and partners contributing crucial research and information management to underpin strategic assessments of barriers and threats preventing rapid economic and political climate action and help find effective responses across a range of issues, geographies and sectors.
The candidate will mainly work as a diplomatic writer for the Clean Economy Briefing Service (CEBS) which provides key political insights on climate change to decision makers across the EU.
The candidate will report to E3G’s EU Head of EU Politics and have close coordination with the Heads of our Brussels and Berlin offices to support coordination across multiple programmes and locations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Head of EU politics and partners on expanding the scope of the CEBS.
- Provide insights and analysis across EU climate change, clean economy, and diplomatic processes.
- Understanding the politics of European Climate policy inside and between member states and working with E3G’s thematic teams to develop effective influencing and change strategies.
- Engaging with and helping to convene key stakeholder networks and supporting NGOs, businesses, cities and investor groups, as well as managing relationships with these stakeholders;
- Playing an active role in developing the E3G EU cluster.
- International travel may be required from time to time.
Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant professional experience with progressive levels of responsibilities and a track record of significant achievements (required).
- Have an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (required) and post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (highly desirable).
- Have a good grasp and keen interest of EU politics (required). Strong personal networks at European or national governmental level would be an advantage, as would experience working in or with EU or national institutions.
- Have knowledge and/or experience of European decarbonisation policies (desirable).
- Be confident in engaging with a range of stakeholders including government and civil society and demonstrate a track-record of managing relationships with external stakeholders (required).
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and is positive, organised, stress-resilient and able to deliver high quality work on time.
- Be a strong team player, committed to achieving E3G’s objectives and capable of inspiring and facilitating action by others. You pay attention to detail and work effectively to support shared team outcomes.
- Have very strong written and oral communication skills and impeccable English (required). A good working knowledge of at least one European Union language besides English would be an advantage.
- Have qualitative and quantitative analytical skills (highly desirable).
A competitive remuneration package will be offered based on qualifications and experience. The candidate would start as soon as possible.
The candidate must have the right to work in the EU.
How to apply
Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is midnight CET January 3, 2021. Interviews will start mid-January.
Please submit a single application document in one (1) file only containing:
- A CV of maximum two pages (without photo)
- A cover letter of no more than one page outlining why you are applying for this role. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- A recent writing sample in English of maximum two pages (e.g. research or narrative paper, writing assignment, blog post, press release, article…)
When you submit your application, please ensure you include your name and the name of the job you are applying for (Policy Advisor CEBS January 2021) in both your email title and the name of the document submitted.
E3G is growing and we have a number of openings coming up. We welcome applications for multiple roles from suitable candidates. Where you wish to apply for more than one currently open role, you may submit a single application covering more than role provided you identify the roles you are applying for in your email and in your application document.
Salary will be competitive in the sector. E3G offers a flexible approach to working life with a holiday package of 25 days plus a competitive pension contribution of 7.5% of gross salary as well as excellent development and learning opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the country where the role is based.
We will not be able to reply to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, we will not be shortlisting you on this occasion.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!