Job Opening: Project Manager Iraq/Middle East
from November 2020, elbarlament GmbH is looking for
a project manager (salary based on TvöD BUND)
based in Berlin
full-time until 31.01.2022. An extension is possible.
elbarlament is an independent and non-partisan organisation of experts in the field of international democratisation and political education, with particular expertise in the areas of capacity building for parliaments, governments and civil society organisations. elbarlament has been active in Iraq since 2016 in various projects on the advancement of women and the dialogue between civil society actors and political decision makers. More information about elbarlament's projects in Iraq can be found on our website: https://elbarlament.org/projects-in-iraq/
The project manager will take over the conception, academic processing, content-related preparation and follow-up, as well as the evaluation of project measures such as training workshops or focus groups. The project manager will also recruit and accompany the work of external local and international consultants, who are involved as experts or trainers in elbarlament’s projects. The job includes, among other tasks:
- Project management in coordination with the project lead, including financial controlling of all expenditures as well as financial and content-related reporting and requests for funds to the German Foreign Office, the Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa), GIZ or other funding agencies;
- Observation, academic research and analysis of democratisation processes and initiatives in Iraq, particularly with regard to security policy, women's policy and cultural initiatives;
- Building and maintaining relations with relevant actors and institutions in Iraq;-Identification, selection and supervision of project participants;
- Identification, selection and monitoring of experts and trainers as well as academic support and input;
- Cooperation with the experts and trainers in the conception of working groups and training measures;
- Monitoring and impact analysis of the project and its individual activities;
- Participation in project-related conferences as well as independent preparation of reports and publications.
What we offer you:
- A competitive remuneration based on TvöD BUND;
- A young and dynamic team;
- Active participation in interesting and innovative projects;
- Regular training;
- The opportunity to actively shape work processes;
- Flexible working hours and remote working options (after consultation with the management).
- University degree (MA, Diplom, Magister or comparable degree);
- Proven expertise in at least one of the following areas: democratisation, good governance, peace and conflict studies, gender studies, civic education, international relations, transformation processes;
- Good knowledge of the political and social conditions in the MENA region (knowledge of Iraq in particular is desirable);
- At least two years of experience in the (financial and content-related) management of international projects in the field of development cooperation, democracy support, civic education or human rights promotion;
- Language skills: Fluent in spoken and written English; solid basic knowledge of spoken and written Arabic; knowledge of German or other languages (especially French) is desirable;
- Willingness to undertake regular business trips to Iraq and possibly to other countries in the region;
- Previous work experience in the cultural, educational or socio-political fields is desirable.
Please send us your letter of motivation and your CV in one file (pdf) electronically by 11 November 2020 to email@example.com. Applicants should be available for an interview from 12 November onwards. The expected starting date is 16 November 2020.
Please do not send your documents by post. Only applications sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org can be considered. Due to the large number of applications, we will only contact those candidates who are invited for an interview.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!