EU-Russia Civil Society Forum e.V. (CSF) (www.eu-russia-csf.org) and its Programmes Department is looking for a Project Manager for its Secretariat (60% employment). The appointment is from 15 April or 1 May 2021 till 31 December 2021.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and joined by 185 non-governmental organisations in the EU and Russia, is a platform for cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and the EU with the purpose to develop common positions, increase cooperation between civil society organisations, coordinate their advocacy activities and make their voice stronger in interaction with the general public, governments and other stakeholders. The CSF is currently financed by the EU and other governmental and private donors.
The Project Manager will be responsible for local coordination and administration of the “Teaching History: see, acknowledge and respect” project and supporting teachers from Germany. This project is dedicated to capacity building of history teachers from Belarus, Germany, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. A series of webinars and the Summer School in Poland will be organised. The Project Manager will support organisation of the Forum’s Annual Conference (Vilnius, 21-22 October 2021) and support the CSF Secretariat and Programmes Department in a number of tasks and organising events.
Job Description/ Main Functions:
- Local coordination and administration of the Forum project “Teaching History: see, acknowledge and respect”. Support of history teachers from Germany throughout the project;
- Participation and support of webinars for the history teachers;
- Support preparation and organisation of the Annual Conference of the Forum in Vilnius;
- Coordinating and/ or (co-)producing of various (online) events and CSF activities (webinars, workshops, discussions).
- Administrative support of the CSF Secretariat and the Programmes department. Managing contracts with various service providers;
- If COVID-19 situation permits, travel to the Summer School for history teachers to Poland (mid-September) and to the Annual Conference to Vilnius (21-22 October);
- Extensive communication with the CSF members and partners.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the field of project and/or event management (experience in an international NGO is an asset).
- Strong administrative, communication, writing/ analytical skills, problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced computer skills, including visual editor software, advanced knowledge of Excel, etc.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively; responsibility and commitment.
- Proactivity; ability to work both in a team and individually.
- Excellent English and good German; good command of Russian and other European languages are an asset.
- Valid work permit for Germany is strongly desired for applying.
- Employment (24 hours per week) at the CSF Secretariat from 15 April 2021 or 01 May 2021.
- Interesting job in a growing and innovative international project, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU, Russia, Eastern Partnership countries and beyond.
- Friendly working atmosphere and competent international staff.
How to apply:
Please send your application, until 6 April 2021 CET (letter of motivation, two contacts who can refer about the applicant and CV) to Kristina Smolijaninovaite, Deputy Director, at: email@example.com. The separate documents should not exceed 1MB.
The interviews will be conducted on 9 April 2021 at the CSF Secretariat or via online talk. The introduction will take place through the first working week.
For more information see: www.eu-russia-csf.org.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!