ECPMF is a non-profit organisation that promotes, preserves and defends media freedom and professional journalism in Europe. Our vision is a Europe without any threats against free media and free speech.
With positive commitment from the European Commission, ECPMF together with six partner organisations will implement in 2020 a European Rapid Response Mechanism to support Journalists in danger. The project is expected to start in mid-January or early February 2020. ECPMF will lead the project.
The implementation of the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM)will be a shared effort by all partners across the EU member states and candidate countries. The Rapid Response Project Co-ordinator will be in charge of co-ordinating all activities including advocacy, communication and practical help on a daily basis.
- Support the development of the operational Rapid Response Mechanism
- Decide on and co-ordinate the activities undertaken by the partners
- Collaborate with and support the steering committee that decides on how to react to grave violations of press and media freedom
- Establish a communication strategy including virtual conferences, chats and personal meetings to ensure the smooth running of the RRM
- Collaborate with the IT Officer to ensure communications are secure
- Support the reporting, evaluation and further development of the RRM
- Represent the project within the alliance and to external stakeholders
- Report directly to the Managing Director
What we expect
- A university degree in economics, international relations, social sciences, development or any other field related to the areas of work.
- Experience in project co-ordination and management, managing personnel, quick decision making and networking
- At least three years of experience working in the EU, in the field of project co-ordination
- Excellent communication skills and social intelligence
- Experience of working for an NGO
- Strong commitment to press and media freedom
- Fluency in spoken and written English,; other languages (German, Spanish. French) are also an advantage
- A flexible, ambitious person with a strong sense of personal responsibility
What you get
- Salary based on the German public collective agreement (TV-L 11)
- Contract for one year with an option for extension
- Possibility to travel in order to co-ordinate and supervise activities
- Office in Leipzig, Germany with a strong and highly-motivated team
- A mission worth fighting for
How to apply
Send your job application and your letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
1 December 2019
Presumed starting date:
Mid January – Beginning of February 2020 (depending on funding)
The European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) is a non-profit European Cooperative Society, based in Leipzig, Germany. ECPMF was founded in 2015 to promote the European Charter on Freedom of the Press throughout Europe. ECPMF and its partners preserve and defend media freedom by monitoring the state of free media in Europe, providing news and tools on media freedom issues and delivering practical support to journalists at risk.
 In September, ECPMF and its partners applied for the open EU call to establish a Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) to protect journalists and media freedom (https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/media-freedom-and-investigative-journalism-call-proposals). The European Commission will decide in the upcoming weeks which alliance to entrust with the project.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!