Be part of a diverse international team at the forefront of the citizen science movement in Europe! This role is an exciting opportunity for a citizen science specialist to work at the European Citizen Science Association (ECSA), an interdisciplinary, non-profit organisation set up to support citizens’ participation in scientific processes.
ECSA supports the research, design and development of various aspects of citizen science. Among other roles, it initiates and supports citizens science projects, carries out research on citizen science, develops communities of practice within the field, and promotes knowledge exchange across Europe.
Young people living in disadvantaged areas have limited access to science education. The SEEDS project aims to promote science education and training by improving the understanding of health, self-management and self-care through community-based public engagement, thus improving the effectiveness of health promotion activities in this population group.
The participatory multi-stakeholder intervention promotes the dialogue between citizen science and traditional science. In this way, SEEDS brings together the main actors in science and society by applying the ‘4Helix’ model of stakeholders. Teenagers will lead the process; science education will be accompanied by an approach to health education that is able to change habits and contribute to sustainable behavioural change.
|Job role:||Project officer|
|Job range:||70% full-time equivalent|
|Salary:||Equivalent to E13 TV-Land Berlin (about €45,000 per year), depending on experience|
|Duration:||Position to be filled from January 2021, for a term of 2 years|
|Place of work:||ECSA Headquarters, currently at the Museum für Naturkunde, Berlin|
Project management tasks:
- Define the key concepts of a Makeathon carried out within the project, setting up guidelines and overseeing its coordination and implementation
- Lead the project’s communications campaign (science communication / popular science)
- Set up an exploitation, sustainability and feasibility strategy
- Write a public engagement strategy and a strategic communication plan aimed at teenagers
- Continuous reporting on communication and dissemination activities, and their results
Participation in ECSA's community tasks:
- Contribute to organisational communications tasks
- Work on proposals to fund new projects.
- Participate in ECSA strategy formation and project planning processes
- Contribute to ECSA’s work on accessibility, visibility and inclusivity
- A university degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management and proven ability to manage multiple strands of work and competing demands on your time
- Knowledge of the EU Horizon 2020 scheme
- Familiarity with current developments and central stakeholders in the field of citizen science
- First-hand experience in citizen science, with a proven track record in developing methodologies or conducting knowledge-sharing and capacity-building activities in this or a related field
- Strong communication skills and knowledge in science communication, including experience with Makeathons
- Confident in the use of IT, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive, and social media platforms
- Fluency in German and English, both oral and written; other European languages are an advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team, while also being proactive with your own tasks
- Willingness to travel internationally for project meetings
Applications should comprise a cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the position, specifically addressing the requirements detailed above, including a list of achievements (e.g. publications), and a short description of past realized projects as well as your CV. Applications should be sent until 22.12.2020 with reference to job advertisement No.03/2020 to: email@example.com.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!