About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 280 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level.
Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to partners and work as part of a global network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions more broadly.
The German strategic communications team is currently accepting applications for an enthusiastic and highly driven individual to join its team as Digital Associate, Strategic Communications.The successful candidate will use social and digital media to build and sustain engagement with key audiences in Germany.
This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional with the ambition to make a difference and play an active role in helping speed up the transition to climate neutrality.
- Implementing digital strategies to support the team in its communications activities;
- Devising and executing digital strategies around specific events or campaigns (e.g. report launches, UN climate conferences);
- Using online advertising tools to drive and deepen engagement for target audiences;
- Conducting content testing to determine which messages drive engagement;
- Making full use of digital tools to disseminate and support the targeted messaging of ECF-promoted projects and of the work of its grantees and other partner organisations;
- Creation of written and visual content for different social media platforms;
- Assisting and advising grantees and partners on digital marketing activities;
- Establishing a system for social media and news monitoring;
- Using monitoring and social listening tools to follow and analyse the climate debate in Germany;
- Maintain websites and use tools like Google Analytics to assess how visitors are interacting with them;
- Building up relationships with other digital campaigners in the climate field and develop smaller project ideas;
- Reporting on the impact of digital campaigns in a way that’s actionable and understandable for non-digital members of the team;
- Other ad-hoc research work.
Experience and competencies
We are seeking a candidate with
- At least 3-4 years of experience in the field of digital communications, ideally with a focus on environmental issues and/ or an advocacy/campaign background;
- Knowledge of trends in the use of digital tools to engage different audiences and enthusiasm to learn more;
- Basic graphic design, photo and video editing and writing skills;
- Experience with data-driven digital marketing desirable;
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- Superior German written and verbal communications skills;
- Very good English written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently;
- Fast-learning self-starter comfortable to work in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across time zones, phone/video conferencing, etc.;
- The disposition to work with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers with a spirit of generosity and mutual support;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- The opportunity to improve your digital skills through working with a team of experts in the field;
- A sense of satisfaction from contributing to the global climate debate;
- A competitive salary;
- A full-time contract of 12 months (with possibility to be extended).
Berlin. Due to current government regulations on Covid-19, you may be asked to work from home. You must have the required work permit for your work location.
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please upload below:
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
- both in English!
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds to apply.
Deadline for applications: 3rd November 2020
**Note: The application form is available on the website.**
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!