01 October 2020
You love theatre, work internationally and are a passionate communicator? Then join us – we are hiring!
Founded in 1988 by three theatres in France, Germany and Belgium, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) has become Europe’s largest network for public theatres with 42 members from nearly 30 countries. As recognized strategic partner of the European Commission, ETC provides an international programme for European theatres, that consists of artistic international collaboration, professional training and advocacy activities. ETC promotes and strengthens European theatre as a vital platform for dialogue, democracy and interaction that responds to; reflects and engages with today’s diverse audiences and changing societies. ETC’s activities foster a socially-engaged, inclusive notion of theatre that brings Europe’s social, linguistic and cultural to as large an audience and communities as possible both locally and internationally.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Communication Manager will further develop and implement ETC’s communication strategy with the goal to promote and increase visibility of the organisation’s activities internationally. The Communication Manager is responsible for the various elements of the job description listed below. The duties outlined are not exhaustive and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake additional duties as reasonably directed by the Executive Director.
- Further develop and implement internal & external ETC communication and PR strategy to reflect our mission
- Design and delivery of communication campaigns related to ETC’s specific artistic, professional and advocacy activities and projects
- Maintenance and updating website
- Maintenance and updating contact database
- Develop and maintain social media channels, with harmonised editorial calendar
- Development and dissemination of press material and project publications (print/online)
- Develop and maintain media relations
- Editorial tasks for all ETC publications, social media, newsletters, annual reports, press releases, presentations
- Support in grant requests and project reporting for ETC’s funders and stakeholders (EU Commission, ministries, foundations etc.)
- Liaise with ETC’s member theatres communication departments, external services and suppliers (graphic designer, IT, printing companies etc.), partners and stakeholders
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills
- Good organisational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritise as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- Minimum three years of communication management in a European cultural environment, preferably within theatre and the performing arts
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.),
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, ability to use graphic tools and design software (Illustrator/Photoshop), web content management systems experience with SEO optimisation, regular use of Mailchimp
- Fluent command of written and spoken English with a good writing style, German and / or French would be a plus, additional European languages are an asset
- To be part of a small, inspiring and international team
- A full-time employment contract, flexible working hours, 40h per week
- Home office and if based in Berlin, workspace at the ETC office
- EUR 2,700 monthly gross salary plus annual bonus and 50% of your monthly public transport card of Berlin
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Travels and meetings may take place during evenings and weekends (considering current travel restrictions)
- The position is to be filled ASAP
If you think this sounds like your perfect job – we want to hear from you! Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, work examples and references) by email with « Communication Manager » as subject to the attention of Ms Heidi Wiley to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place either in person in Berlin or via conference call. We are not able to reimburse you for travel costs to the interview.
ETC is committed to move towards equality and greater diversity. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants, including people with disabilities, no matter their gender, sexual orientation, ethnic, social, religious or philosophical backgrounds.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!