**Note: Pleas do not apply anymore! FAIR SHARE let me know that they are no longer accepting applications. (update: Sept 1st, 2020)**
FAIR SHARE of Women Leaders is a non-profit start-up initiative based in Berlin to increase the number of women in leadership positions in the international social impact sector. We measure the number of women in senior management and board positions and call on organisations to commit to a fair share of women leaders by 2030 at the latest. We advocate for feminist leadership as the new paradigm to build a fair, just and equitable sector. Find out more about our work at www.fairsharewl.org.
Since our establishment at the beginning of 2019, we have
- Set up the international FAIR SHARE Monitor that annually measures the number of women in leadership positions
- Convinced 19 international organisations to sign the FAIR SHARE commitment, including Oxfam, Plan International, Amnesty International and Transparency International.
- Launched a national pilot campaign in Germany
- Established the Action Circle who leads our work on feminist leadership
- Joined forces with The Feminist Leadership Project featuring videos of practitioners striving to set new leadership standards
The job announcement you are about to read is different because we strive to practise feminist leadership values in our operations, challenging the way recruitment, team building and organisational development are currently organised. We want to meet people who will rock the boat with us, bringing in their different perspectives, experience and commitment rather than a particular profile that ticks all the boxes of a usual job ad. With this approach we hope to encourage a diverse group of candidates to consider joining us. We are now at a crucial point in our organisational development to expand the scope of our work and mobilise resources to ensure a sustainable future. To make this next phase a success we are looking for
2-3 Junior Associates (m/f/d)
The Junior Associates will support our work on a range of activities in the areas of
- Research and international project management for the FAIR SHARE Monitor
- Communications (especially social media)
- Administration and Organisational Development
The distribution and roles will be developed together with the team and Junior Associates, depending on the skills, competences, and interests. We are not looking for specific degrees, expertise or level of experience but for feminist changemakers with
- A can-do attitude and willingness to take on both administrative and challenging tasks and high levels of responsibility in a fast-pace development
- An entrepreneurial spirit to take risks, seize opportunities as they arise and co-shape an ambitious young organisation
- A strong sense of ownership to contribute their skills and knowledge to the shared objective of a more equal social impact sector
- An understanding of the needs and challenges of a start-up initiative aiming to scale
- A strong commitment to feminist values
We cannot offer competitive salaries, fancy office perks or unlimited work contracts (yet), but joining FAIR SHARE, you will have the opportunity to
- Co-create your own job profile and areas of work
- Shape and scale up an ambitious organisation
- Work with a dedicated and dynamic team
- Become part of on organisations striving to practise and advocate for feminist leadership
- Work with several committed and renown individuals and organisations worldwide
- Gain professional experience, knowledge and management skills in a non-profit start-up environment
Terms and conditions
We will discuss the specific terms with you based both on your and our suggestions and expectations,
- Starting date: asap
- Flexible working hours full-time or part-time
- Ideally based in our office but with the opportunity to work from home. We will consider candidates not based in Berlin
- A starting gross salary between 2.500 € and 3.000 € per month
- A limited contract or consultancy contract
Are you interested to meet us and find out how working with us could look like? Then please introduce yourself in a meaningful way by outlining
- your motivation and how you would like to contribute to the work of FAIR SHARE
- your experience and skills that you consider relevant to our work
- potential working hours or other terms and conditions you wish to mention
Dare to be bold and jump at this rather unconventional opportunity. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will review submissions on a rolling basis and conduct interviews until we created an extraordinary team.
If you are unsure what to send or want to have a conversation first, please call us at +49 (0)160 8590 458 or email us at email@example.com. We are also interested to hear any feedback on this approach to learn for future recruitment processes.
We are committed to build a diverse, inclusive and intersectional team in reflection of the vision we have for the social impact sector. We therefore strongly encourage applications from those who are currently underrepresented in the sector.
We very much look forward to hearing from you!
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!