We are currently looking for a highly self-motivated content creator and communicator whose creative flair, fresh ideas and international mindset will be instrumental in telling our story:
Head of Communications & Creative (f/m/x) full-time (40h/week) in Berlin
The Falling Walls Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation based in Berlin. Drawing on the historical event of the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989, the focus of our work lies on the key question: “Which are the next walls to fall in science and society?”
We create conferences, events and exchange platforms for discussing future breakthroughs in science and new tendencies in society and connect forward-thinking people from science, business, policy and culture to tackle the most pressing global challenges.
Your responsibilities in this senior executive position include:
- develop, implement and evaluate our overall communications strategy
- create brand, marketing and public relations strategies for the Foundation that will allow the executive and board leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences
- serve as primary contact person on media interactions that impact and/or help to promote the organisation
- proactively cultivate and manage media relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the Foundation, including its programmes, special events, public announcements and other projects
- the development of electronic communications, including the Foundation’s website, electronic newsletter and other electronic communications, as well as curated content and increasing audience engagement on the Foundation’s social media channels
- press releases, info materials, brochures, presentations, talking points, speeches and other supporting materials
- editorial direction and design works intended for presentation or publication to ensure its alignment with the brand strategy
- inbound and outbound marketing activities and ensure their alignment with the marketing strategy
- oversee the Foundation’s “Science Fellowship for Journalists” programme
- keep the Communication budget
We are looking for an individual with strong communication skills and the following qualifications:
- strong writer, editor and proofreader with the ability to identify and generate creative story ideas (in English and German)
- university degree in communication studies, marketing, media or a similar field
- minimum 4 years of communications/creative/digital agency background
- pro-active, independent and goal-oriented working method
- experience in science communication and acquaintance with the international science scene
- experience building audiences either online or offline
- team leadership experience
- plus: working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
If you are interested, please send your application in in English or German via e-mail to email@example.com by 22 April 2020 including:
- motivational letter and your CV
- your salary expectations based on the German TVöD (public sector wage system)
- references and related written / visual samples to show off your experience so far
When submitting your application please mention: Comms Head__ Your Name in the subject line.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!