Falling Walls is a unique international platform for leaders from the worlds of science, business, politics, the arts and society. It was initiated on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Inspired by this world-changing event on 9 November 1989, the question of every Falling Walls gathering is: Which are the next walls to fall in science and society? The Falling Walls Foundation, a non-profit organisation based in Berlin, fosters discussion on research and innovation and promotes the latest scientific findings among a broad audience from all parts of society.
We are looking for a Project Assistant (f/m/d) (also possible part-time) for a combined role in the following projects:
- The International Year of Science Engagement (IYSE) is our newly minted initiative to highlight the role played by the science and innovation in the progress and future of civilisation. We seek to rally scientists, artists, public intellectuals, political and thought leaders and young pioneers to launch a truly global movement for more favourable conditions for future generations. Our ultimate goal is to host a year in the theme within the framework of the UN International Year Programme in this decade.
- The Falling Walls Circle is an invitation-only meeting bringing together presidents and CTOs of universities and research organisations, science- and technology-driven global corporations, senior government officials, outstanding researchers and successful entrepreneurs from all over the globe. The high-profile participants discuss crucial questions concerning the future of science policy and strategy. Convening fully digital in 2020, we are looking for operational support to realise a series of high-profile online events.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the planning, organisation and evaluation of all phases of the projects
- Support the editorial work of all IYSE and Falling Walls Circle publications
- Become an integral part of the invitation management and communication with national and international partners and attendees from science, business, the public sector and the media
- Support the realisation of the IYSE and Falling Walls Circle events
We are looking for a highly committed project assistant with a proactive and professional attitude, the skills and the ambition to help envision and shape a successful meeting of top-class decision makers. Further requirements are:
- University degree, preferably in international relations, global studies, regional studies, European studies, public policy, public affairs, media or a similar field
- Work experience in project or event management on an international level
- Outstanding organisational skills combined with a creative drive
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and operate with flexibility
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Plus: experience in international science policy or science media, creative agency background, as well as Adobe Photoshop / InDesign skills
- Participation in a dynamic organisation that operates internationally
- A highly dedicated team, flat hierarchies and a friendly working environment
- The opportunity to shape an international project with an enormous potential for growing impact
The position is open from 1 August 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position can currently only be offered until 31 March 2021 with possibility for extension.
If you are interested, please send your motivational letter and your CV including references in English or German via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2020 with Project Assistant_Your Name in the subject line.
Lea von Reck
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!