Reports to: GOTS Managing Director
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria.
We are a non-profit organisation and are looking for a Specialist Human Rights and Social Conditions who will operate from home with occasional travel.
Your key responsibilities include:
Development and Implementation
- Guide the continuous improvement of development and implementation of GOTS criteria on human rights, working and employment conditions and other social issues.
- Coordinate and support the social and human rights related quality development and training activities of certification bodies.
- Develop suitable aspirational approaches and tools in addition to or – if possible – in combination with verifiable criteria.
- Consult GOTS Standards Committee Experts / other external experts as necessary.
Monitoring and Benchmarking
- Benchmark GOTS and its implementation against international human rights and labour norms as expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Labour Conventions, the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, the OECD Guidelines OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains in the Garment and Footwear Sector, other human rights and labour conditions norms, and relevant and applicable national and international legislation.
- Monitor and report on global and regional developments concerning supply chain sustainability, with particular attention to legislation initiatives which could change the role of voluntary standards.
- Benchmark GOTS and its implementation against other comparable VSS and initiatives with the objective of achieving upward compatibility.
- Monitor and participate in the development of governmental and voluntary social sustainability criteria and initiatives and cooperate with stakeholders involved.
- Monitor, guide, and support the quality and reliability of the social and human rights auditing activities of GOTS certifying bodies.
- Monitor and report on major developments in the production and supply chains related to the standard and work of GOTS.
- Assess and report impact of the GOTS social criteria.
Your qualifications and experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience from similar functions in government, international organisations or civil society.
- Relevant advanced social science degree.
- Excellent knowledge of international human rights, labour rights and other relevant social criteria requirements.
- Familiarity with the global system of Voluntary Sustainability Standards (VSS) and a positive attitude to VSS including feasibility and barriers, valuing the dynamic of a standard as innovator and forerunner.
- Sound knowledge of the GOTS Standard and Certification System and related standards.
- Experience working in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work in a team from distance, operate independently and coordinate actions under supervision of the GOTS Management.
- Willingness to travel as and when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to learn and innovate within the position.
- Excellent written and oral communication, intrapersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- A challenging, multifaceted, work-from-home position at a world leading, internationally recognized standard organization.
- The chance to support the national and international movement towards sustainable textile production.
- A highly motivated, worldwide team and harmonious work environment.
If you meet above criteria and are interested in the position, please email your resume to Jacqueline Schneider, firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2021.
Gesines Jobtipps sind handverlesen und für Jobsuchende sowie Arbeitgeber*innen kostenfrei. Und ich verdiene meinen Lebensunterhalt damit – durch freiwillige Zahlungen.
Bitte unterstütz mich mit einem Betrag Deiner Wahl. Danke!Veröffentlicht in Berlin und Umgebung Halle-Leipzig