The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
The Hertie School is looking for an
Associate – Office of the President (f/m/div)
on a part-time (30 hours/week) basis.
The contract shall commence as soon as possible and is initially limited to one year.
- Form part of the team that implements CIVICA – The European University of Social Sciences, an EU-funded European University pilot founded by the Hertie School and seven partner institutions across Europe (20 h/week)
- Administration and project assistance for a key strategic project, funded by third parties (DAAD)
- Manage invoices, expense reports and other office administration tasks
- Support and execute CIVICA activities involving different Hertie School teams
- Support (re-)accreditation processes and quality management (10 h/week)
- Compile data and contributions from various teams across the institution
- Support the preparation of the report and the relevant committee meetings
- Other projects and tasks supporting the Office of the President
- This position liaises with various other departments and requires a high degree of lateral coordination and communication across the partner institutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. in the social sciences or similar
- Excellent organisational as well as oral and written communication skills in English and German
- The ability to work independently, accurately and with a high degree of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Prior administration experience, in particular in higher education, is an asset
- Interest in European cooperation and/or higher education management a plus
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information). Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Please submit your application portfolio (CV, cover letter and certificates) by using the Apply button below. Deadline for full consideration is 22 March 2020.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!