The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
The Hertie School is seeking to fill the following position:
Associate Social Media and Digital Content (f/m/div)
on a full-time (40h/week) basis.
The contract is subject to an initial time-limit of 24 months and should start as early as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a digital storyteller. Alongside a vibrant team, the incumbent will help to implement our digital and online media strategy aimed at sharing the work of our faculty, our students, and alumni, while also promoting the wide range of events and activities taking place within our community.
- Creating and maintaining the Hertie School’s social media strategy across multiple social media channels;
- Create and coordinate the creation of digital content production alongside an in-house production team and/or working alongside external service providers;
- Preparing and disseminating our research, teaching and outreach activities in a variety of formats;
- Advise, train and support our faculty, Centres of Competence and colleagues from across the Hertie School with preparing and sharing content online;
- Write and edit news/content for our English website;
- Steer content marketing activities to drive traffic and increase engagement across all of the school’s digital channels.
- University degree in relevant studies
- Excellent command of English (native-level; the Hertie School´s working language is English)
- Professional proficiency in German is a plus, working knowledge is required
- At least 2 years professional experience in online journalism, digital content production and/or content-driven PR and marketing, ideally in a political, academic or civil society environment
- Extensive experience with social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and an affinity for data-driven decisions that boost performance across channels
- Extensive experience in web content management (such as Typo3) and web development project management
- Skilled in online editing, scheduling and monitoring systems (such as Typo 3, Coschedule etc.)
- Skilled user of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premier Pro for creating graphics, editing video, and other recorded footage
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Interest in social sciences, politics and economics
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information). Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Please submit your complete application including a CV, a cover letter, and a short portfolio of selected work, by using the Apply button below. The deadline for full consideration is 21 June 2020. Strict confidentiality is assured.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!