The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
The Hertie School seeks to fill the following position:
Director Curricular Affairs (m/f/div)
on a full-time (40h/week) basis.
The contract shall commence as soon as possible and covers a parental leave until 31 December 2023. This position reports directly to the Dean of Graduate Programmes.
- Overall responsibility for the curricular side of all master’s programmes
- Overall budget, personnel and leadership responsibility for the Curricular Affairs Department
- Liaison with all relevant departments at the Hertie School, in particular: Digital Learning, Examination Office, International Office & Student Life, Recruitment & Admissions, Finance
- Representation of Curricular Affairs in school-wide meetings and committees
- Course planning, course scheduling and budgeting, and teaching capacity planning
- Induction of new faculty and external lecturers
- Production and maintenance of relevant information material for students and instructors, including in the Learning Management System Moodle and on the Hertie School’s website
- Course data management and reporting of key data and indicators
- Student advice on course enrolment and study plans
- An interest in and cooperation with CIVICA: The European University of Social Sciences
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the social sciences or a related subject. A doctoral degree would be an asset
- 5+ years of professional experience in the Higher Education sector, 3+ years in a leading position. International work experience would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and organisational skills and initiative
- An ability to prioritise and attention to detail
- High proficiency with standard software applications (including MS Excel) and experience with database management
- Excellent verbal and written English; very good working knowledge of German (min. B2 level)
- A stimulating international working environment and a challenging variety of tasks
- Flexible working hours within the framework of the legal requirements
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- Training opportunities
- Job ticket for public transport
- Roof terrace for common team breaks
Please submit your complete application portfolio including cover letter, CV, your salary expectations and your earliest starting date by 23 April 2021. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Interviews will be held at the end of April and in early May. Strict confidentiality is assured. To submit your application, please click the Apply button below.
Gesines Jobtipps sind handverlesen und für Jobsuchende sowie Arbeitgeber*innen kostenfrei. Und ich verdiene meinen Lebensunterhalt damit – durch freiwillige Zahlungen.
Bitte unterstütz mich mit einem Betrag deiner Wahl. Danke!Veröffentlicht in Berlin und Umgebung Vollzeit