The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
The Hertie School is looking for a
Manager Communications – CIVICA (f/m/div)
on a full-time (40 hours/week) basis.
The contract shall commence the next possible point of time and is initially limited to two years. The position is subject to the final decision on the funding.
- Be part of the team that implements CIVICA – The European University of Social Sciences, an EU-funded European University pilot founded by the Hertie School and seven partner institutions across Europe
- Act as project lead in the Work Package “Sustainability and Dissemination” (WP 9) for which the Hertie School is responsible, including administration of the associated budget
- Develop and implement a joint dissemination and communication strategy with CIVICA partners (website, social media, events, etc.)
- Organize four CIVICA dissemination conferences
- Closely coordinate with Hertie School departments in the implementation of the Work Package
- Participate in CIVICA network meetings, at the Hertie School and at partner institutions throughout Europe
- Interest in contributing to and shaping the communication of a cutting-edge higher education project in its early stages
- Minimum three years relevant work experience in communications or outreach-related positions, preferably in an academic, think-tank or political context
- Experience in website management, social media, event management
- Familiarity with EU funded or other research projects a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as intercultural competence
- Very good organizational abilities and time management
- Ability to collaborate in a collegial fashion with other departments
- Excellent English skills, German and additional languages very welcome
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as journalism, communications or the social sciences
- Willingness to travel
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information). Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Please submit your complete application (including a CV, professional references, a sample of your work you deem fitting and a short motivation letter) by using the Apply button below. The deadline for applications is 24 January 2020. For further questions regarding the position, please contact Nikolas von Hoffmann, Manager Office of the President.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!