The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school offers master’s programmes, executive education and doctoral programmes, distinguished by interdisciplinary and practice-oriented teaching, as well as outstanding research. Its extensive international network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, characterised by public debate and engagement. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains its major funder. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
The Hertie School seeks to fill the following position as soon as possible:
Manager (f/m/div) – Office of the President
on a full-time (40 hours/week) basis.
As a rule, the initial contract will be set for a two-year period, with the option of a permanent contract thereafter.
- Act as project manager for CIVICA – The European University of Social Sciences within the Hertie School
- Overall project lead for CIVICA implementation within the Hertie School; Coordination of Hertie School CIVICA staff and liaison with other Hertie School teams;
- Budget responsibility for the Hertie School’s participation in CIVICA;
- Coordination with CIVICA partners including participation in Management Team meetings and calls as well as other network meetings;
- Responsibility for important school-wide meetings (planning, preparation of materials and minutes);
- Managing strategic projects for the President and coordinate units and stakeholders within the Hertie School;
- Other projects and tasks supporting the Office of the President and the School Leadership;
- This position liaises with various other departments and requires a high degree of lateral coordination and communication across the partner institutions.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. in the social sciences or similar (affinity with the Hertie School’s core topics preferred);
- Five years prior work experience, preferably in Higher Education management and/or project management in partnerships/consortia preferred;
- Willingness to travel to partner institutions/universities (when regular travel becomes possible again);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills and creativity;
- Excellent communication and writing skills at near native level in both English and German;
- High proficiency with standard software applications and database management.
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information). Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!