The Hertie School in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The school also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-orientated approach to the school’s teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The school actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from academia and the world of practice. The school was founded in 2003 by the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner. The Hertie School is accredited by the state and the German Science Council.
The Hertie School is looking for a
Policy Fellow – EU Institutions and Democracy (f/m/div)
on a full-time (40 hours/week) basis.
The contract shall commence as soon as possible and will be limited for up to two years. Extensions are possible. The succesful candidate will work at our Jacques Delors Centre and contribute to strenghten the Centre’s think tank work.
- Develop your own think-tank profile within the context of the Centre’s broader policy agenda
- Research and write policy proposals, analyses and positions
- Organize expert talks and similar events
- Get actively involved in the German and European policy debate
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as political science, law, public policy, or economics
- Relevant work experience beyond internships in a political, institutional or academic context in the required areas of expertise
- Keen interest in EU policymaking and enthusiasm for understanding institutional and political issues are must-haves
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral proficiency in German, French language skills are an asset
- Ability to work independently on the topic
- High openness for cooperation
- A completed PhD or equivalent is a bonus, but not a prerequisite
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information). Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Please contact Dr. Nicole Koenig, Deputy Director Jacques Delors Centre, for further information about the position.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!