The International Office of the ICYE Federation in Berlin is hiring a:
Programme and Grant Officer (75%)
The International Cultural Youth Exchange (ICYE) is a federation of National Committees in 40 countries providing youth mobility, intercultural learning and international voluntary service opportunities for a more just and peaceful world.
The ICYE is committed to:
- promote justice for all persons who suffer from social, political, economic and personal injustice;
- advance the principle of equality among cultures, nations and sexes;
- provide experiences that will encourage international and intercultural understanding;
- help participants to become aware of the issues and problems in the local and national community in order to better understand world-wide socio-economic-political issues and problems;
- encourage commitment to act on these understandings, both during the exchange experience and beyond.
The International Office of the ICYE coordinates the work of the Federation. One of its responsibilities is to fundraise for and coordinate ICYE’s international programmes, including programme development, coordination and evaluation.
- Fundraising and grant management – developing proposals, accounting, overseeing funds from the EU (specially Erasmus+) and from other donors
- Programme development, monitoring and evaluation (including administrative and financial processes, reporting)
- Programme quality assurance
- Communication, representation and coordination with donors
- Development and implementation of a diversified fundraising strategy
- Setting up and management of a scholarship fund
- Programmatic and organisational support to the Secretary General of the ICYE
Your qualifications and experience
- Successfully completed university studies in a relevant area or comparable qualifications
- Practical and proven experience and sound knowledge in the application for EU and other funds (especially Erasmus+)
- Profound experiences in fundraising, ideally in an international NGO
- Gender and intercultural competences, emotional intelligence as well as analytical capability
- Very good knowledge of planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent English and good German language skills are expected
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with a structured and results-based working approach and to show initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines under time pressure and to handle stress
What to expect
An engaged team and a responsible and diverse area of work in an internationally active organisation.
Due to Corona, the job is advertised for one year, with the aim to continue with a permanent contract. The successful applicant will need to be based in Berlin.
As we are committed to diversity, we are happy to receive applications from people regardless of their national or social background, their gender, disability, age or sexual identity.
We are looking forward to your application until November 15th, 2020 in a PDF (max. 5 MB), stating your availability to Anja Stuckert, email@example.com.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!