Start: July 2020 or later
Employment type: full time
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Act as primary Proposal Writer for Kiron and being able to carry out – together with the partnerships team – all duties related to the grant writing life cycle (from scoping to submission)
- Develop and write grant proposals, narratives and budgets for foundations, corporations and government funding agencies, persuasively communicating Kiron’s mission and product in order to secure funding
- Coordination with regional offices and working cross-functionally to ensure the development of high quality texts and budgets in compliance with donor requirements
- Manage stakeholders and build relationships with current and prospective funders, working together with our Management team to determine which ones would best suit our product needs
Your set of skills:
- You completed a master’s degree and have at least 3 years experience with international organizations or public institutions (experience in or knowledge of Middle East will be considered an asset)
- You have excellent writing skills in both German and English (min. C2, according to the Common European Framework of of Reference for Languages – CEFR)
- Ideally you have deep knowledge in the fields of (digital) education and/or alternative education pathways and/or migration
- You have demonstrated experience in proposal writing, preferably with Gov donors, EU, UN agencies and other major donors within the development sector
- You are highly motivated, adaptable, and stress resistant, and able to liaise with different teams and stakeholders and translate this information into compelling proposals
- You have the ability to work in a highly autonomous environment by managing your own workflow and working towards tight deadlines
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide
- The atmosphere of a digitally savvy, innovative and fast-paced social startup and the chance to be in contact with major stakeholders in the social sector
- Flexible working hours, 30 days vacation & a generous home office policy
- Your choice of hardware (HP or Apple) and a dog-friendly and spacious office in Lichtenberg with beautiful sunset views
Send your application via email with the subject “GR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV, location and possible starting date in English or German in a single PDF file until the 07.06.2020 to:
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!