Mission Talent, registered in South Africa and Germany, specialises in executive search for the global non-profit and international development sector. We offer retained search services to NGOs and foundations as well as humanitarian, conservation and international development organisations. To succeed in a diverse team based across four continents and serve global clients requires an open and positive attitude, and we can promise a challenging and rewarding environment.
About the Role
As a Consultant, you will be part of the search team catering to Mission Talent clients, working in both English and German. Under the supervision of the Head of Research, you will develop and execute research strategies. This includes mapping of organisations and sectors, as well as documenting outreach and communication. Under the leadership of the Principal Consultant, the Consultant will support the full cycle of the executive search process, including client consultation, candidate identification and approach, interviewing, presenting candidates and following-up.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the expectations and the needs of the client through regular consultation.
- Become familiar with the operating principles and the organisational culture of the client, as well as with the desired candidate profile.
- Provide assistance in streamlining the job description and advise the client on potential difficulties or challenges.
- Identify potential candidates for the role through a range of methods; including research, networking with relevant stakeholders and contacting other sources.
- Approach potential candidates and sources.
- Screen identified candidates via videoconferencing calls to check their suitability.
- Conduct video-conference interviews.
- Draft client correspondence and write longlist reports to be submitted to the client.
- Assist the client in the process of selecting candidates for face-to-face client interviews.
- Be responsible for the overall communication with the client and the candidates.
- Keep up to date with current trends in the international and the NGO community globally and in Germany.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five years of work experience in international development, organisational development, consultancy or comparable roles.
- Experience working for or with NGOs and a good overview of international NGO networks with a passion for civil society and networking.
- Self-driven and capacity to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work remotely in a virtual set-up with colleagues and stakeholders around the world.
- Excellent writing, communication and intercultural skills, as well as international experience.
- Strong research skills and the ability to become acquainted easily with new topic areas.
- Confident in their ability to manage relationships at senior, executive and board level.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ease with technology, databases, and online teamwork platforms.
- Relevant degree (e.g. political science, human resources, economics, social science, marketing or communication).
- Fluent in German, excellent knowledge of the English language; further knowledge of French or Arabic would be an advantage.
Mission Talent’s Offer
- A consultant position with enormous potential for growth, including the opportunity to become part of Mission Talent’s core team and participate in strategic decision-making.
- A chance to interact with inspiring people making an impact all over the world, and to learn about trends and innovations in international development.
- The potential to develop as a client manager, taking responsibility for client and candidate relationships and development.
- Flexible working hours and home-office opportunity.
- Being part of an international & purpose-driven team of consultants based in Germany, South Africa, the United States and Cambodia.
- This is a consultant position, approximate working hours would be negotiated, with the potential for full-time employment and advancement dependent on performance.
Piqued your interest?
To apply for this role, please prepare your CV (in English) and a motivation letter (one page) that summarises how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this role.
Both files should be submitted as Word documents by following "Submit your CV" below.
After submitting your application, you will receive an automated confirmation. If you do not receive this or have general questions about submitting your application, please write to email@example.com.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!