MitOst is a non-profit association with over 1,400 members in more than 40 countries. We support cultural exchange, active citizenship, social cohesion and sustainable urban and rural development in the European Neighbourhood and beyond. We bring together people from across cultures, countries and communities and create space for vivid dialogue and impactful action at eye level. We understand ourselves as a platform for initiating cross-border projects and programmes in cooperation with various partners.
Over the past 20 years, the association and its network have grown considerably. In 2018, the MitOst Board initiated a restructuring process with the aim to develop and implement a governance model that is better suited for the complex challenges that we face. By the end of 2021, we aim to manifest and operate as a decentralised network organisation. More info at our website.
To support the transition of MitOst in a network organisation, we are looking for a
Network Development Coordinator (full time).
Starting as soon as possible, and not later than 1 May 2020, the main responsibility of the Network Development Coordinator is leading the process of co-creating joint activities and (re-)defining relations between the various association stakeholders (members, staff and partners). The Network Development Coordinator is working directly with the MitOst Board and the MitOst managing directors. Her/his tasks include:
- Holding the space and facilitating the process for co-creation of various MitOst network features:
- Institutional Membership
- Community Membership
- MitOst Commons
- MitOst Circles
- MitOst Council
- Ensuring the coherence of the processes and communication between parts of the network
- Organising joint meetings and events that inspire new ways of thinking and designing solutions and sharing of learnings
- Facilitating connections and collaboration between members, staff and partners
- Running joint projects and activities that support the network commoning process
- Managing the Network Development budget and raising funds for joint projects and activities
- Proven experience with facilitation and design of complex processes in the field of network coordination and/or community development
- Knowledge of concept and approaches incl. commons/commoning, sociocracy, art of hosting etc.
- Hands-on experience with communication strategies, internal and external communication processes
- Project management experience, incl. budget and HR responsibilities
- Fundraising experience
- High level of motivation, excellent communication and social skills
- Intercultural curiosity and sensitivity as well as joy working with people
- Desire to work together closely in a team, ability for independent working and decision-making, reliability and ability to travel frequently
- Very good command of English, proficiency in German and other relevant languages is an advantage
- Confident use of computer software and online tools
- Familiarity with the MitOst association, its network and the general civil society/non-profit sector is an advantage
We offer a varied range of activities with adequate compensation in a dynamic and versatile organisation. A competent, motivated team with flat hierarchies awaits you, as well as a pleasant work atmosphere and plenty of room for own ideas. Our offer includes:
- Appropriate remuneration
- Contract Length: minimum 2 year fixed term contract from start date
- Probation Period: 6 months
- Location: the selected candidate is based or willing to move to Berlin
- Working time: Flexible working schedule yet agreed core working hours.
- Capacity: Full time engagement (app. 40 hours)
Send your CV and motivation with an indication of the earliest possible start date, type of contract and remuneration expectation by 19 January 2020 with subject “Network Development Coordinator” by email to stellenbewerbung[at]mitost.org (1 PDF document, file size max. 3 MB). The job interviews take place at the end of January 2020.
Please note that due to the winter holidays, emails will not be answered until 6 January 2020.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!