Established in 2003, and guided by the Mozilla Manifesto, Mozilla has been leading the fight for a healthy internet for more than 20 years. The Mozilla Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit, is the sole owner of Mozilla Corporation, the company behind Firefox, a browser built by the open source movement. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is open and accessible to all. It is also vital: as centralization, surveillance, exclusion and other online threats proliferate, we need a movement to keep the web a global resource.
In 2020, we launched a multi-year investment strategy focused on advancing ‘Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence’ globally. As AI is dramatically changing our online lives, we seek to ensure that AI improves human experience through designing AI systems that allow for user agency and hold companies accountable for its results. Our approach to Trustworthy AI and an outline of our Theory of Change is described in greater detail here.
The Mozilla Foundation Advocacy team is seeking a German language campaigner to help design and implement campaigns that advance our goals with a German-speaking audience. Mozilla’s advocacy program focuses on holding companies accountable for building trustworthy AI and offering users a safe and fair experience online. To do this, our team designs campaigns calling on specific product and policy changes, generates earned media of our work to key audiences like policy-makers. This role will report to the Head of Campaigns.
- Developing and executing impactful campaigns in line with our mission.
- Mobilizing existing and new Mozilla supporters to take action to build a healthier internet and trustworthy AI. Specifically, focusing on how supporters on our German email list can be engaged to take meaningful actions.
- Building relationships and designing campaigns with external and internal partners to run effective campaigns in Germany, and where relevant, Europe more broadly.
- Translating and localizing global Mozilla campaigns for German supporters where relevant.
- Drafting persuasive email alerts and campaign materials for German audiences, working with Mozilla researchers, designers, and developers to create compelling, accurate and timely content.
- Working closely with the fundraising team to develop and implement effective online fundraising strategies for German supporters.
- Building collaborative relationships within Mozilla and across the Foundation and Corporation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in crafting and executing public campaigns
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in the non-profit sector; experience working with internet rights or consumer rights organizations preferred
- Experience in leading projects and communicating with a team so that each person can understand and add to the strategy and vision effectively
- Genuine interest in topics and alignment with Mozilla’s Mission and Manifesto, especially regarding diversity and inclusion
- Strong analytical, oral, written, and social communications skills in English (equivalent to ILR 4) and German (equivalent to ILR 5 – native or bilingual)
- Experience crafting and facilitating effective meetings among participants with different perspectives and needs
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on a range of issues, and effectively articulate how these relate to policies, initiatives and procedures to non-expert audiences
- Decisive and diplomatic, with strong and proven ability to lead multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Ability to effectively handle workload and complete projects in a timely fashion
Nice to have:
- Experience campaigning on tech issues, particularly related to AI or data
- Experience of digital campaigning or mobilization
- Experience with fundraising, either from individual donors or large foundations (particularly digital fundraising)
- Tertiary level degree or equivalent certification
- Two or more years working in a remote, global team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
**Note: There is an application form available directly at the website stated below.**
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!