** Update note: The deadline has been extended. (as at April 30th, 2021) **
- Posted: 12 April 2021
- Berlin, DEU
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s supporters are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Germany Campaigns Manager is responsible for developing and executing campaigns to inform and engage the German public on ONEs issues. The role is also responsible for partnering with colleagues within the global campaigns team to develop and coordinate communication engagement plans for global digital campaign priorities.
The ideal candidate will be creative, with strong organizational skills and will work best in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment. As well as key professional skills, they will have excellent writing, planning and interpersonal relationship skills.
This is a fixed term maternity cover position (7 months), reporting to the Germany Director and based in Berlin, Germany.
The ideal start date is in June. Due to the current pandemic, the successful candidate may also be required to work from home.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Plan and Develop campaigns for the German market across various channels and tailor global campaigns to German audiences
- Lead on one of ONE’s priority campaigns, ONE Vote Germany, which is the German campaign ahead of the general elections in September 2021
- Lead the Germany campaigns team and line manage two staff members and an intern
- Collaborate with ONE teams to plan and execute campaign strategies
- Project manage events and communications products as needed
- Write, translate and/or edit copy for campaign products and resources
- Keep abreast of new trends and digital innovations, bringing fresh insights into the organization.
- Draft and track campaign budgets
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant professional experience in the field of communications, marketing, campaigning including 2+ years’ in a management or lead capacity
- A thorough understanding of campaign planning and strategies as well as a consistent record of delivering effective and creative campaigns which produce tangible results or change
- Previous track record in working with volunteers and a thorough understanding of motivating and engaging volunteer supporters throughout the campaign
- Experience of managing digital channels, particularly in a campaigning context
- Excellent written and verbal digital communications skills, including copywriting, copy editing and proofreading
- Solid understanding of digital campaigning and social media platforms and tools. Familiarity with WordPress, Google Analytics, and Facebook Business Manager desired
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively in a team
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A proactive approach to work and the confidence to put forward ideas
- Experience of working with and advising senior staff and external contacts
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Ability to work in Germany is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in German and English required.
Remote work environment at the time of hire. In-office work options available and standard office work environment in the future when appropriate to facilitate.
Are you ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease? Please submit your CV and cover letter in German to this job posting. The deadline for applications is 7th May, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please. Only candidates authorized to work in Germany without any restrictions need apply.
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web; www.one.org/us/about/contact/). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!