CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: COMMUNICATION MANAGER OF THE EUROPEAN YOUTH PARLIAMENT (EYP)
The Schwarzkopf Foundation, based in Berlin, is looking for a new Communications Manager of the European Youth Parliament.
The European Youth Parliament is a pan-European peer-to-peer educational youth-led network that empowers young people from across Europe to be open-minded, tolerant and active citizens. It provides young people with a holistic ecosystem for non-formal learning and personal development. As a network of independent associations, the EYP is present in 40 European countries and organises more than 500 events every year, involving a total of around 30,000 participants. Thousands of young people are actively involved as volunteers all over Europe, making the EYP a genuinely youth-driven programme – run by young people, for young people.
The Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe supports the development of young people into politically aware and responsible citizens by focusing on the strengthening of the European idea, pan-European understanding, and dialogue between young people of different backgrounds. The Schwarzkopf Foundation acts as the international umbrella organisation for the European Youth Parliament (EYP) programme.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Conception, implementation and management of all project-related communication measures and the related coordination processes with project partners
- Editorial support of the website, support with the ongoing process of the web-site relaunch
- Work with the CMS system WordPress
- Coordination and editorial support of social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Promotion of events through various channels, multipliers, cooperation partners
- Coordination of communication materials (including products for events) with the project managers, our partners, and service providers
- Press work: developing strategy for engaging with the press, writing press releases and support of press representatives
- Drafting and implementing a public communication concept for the projects, ensuring the visibility of the various projects and the European Youth Parliament
- Maintaining and developing communication tools and materials
- Supporting and advising the relevant National Committees of the EYP, and volunteers (media teams of the events) of EYP network
- Supporting the development of internal support mechanisms (guides, documentation) and knowledge sharing
In turn, we require the following skills and competences from you:
- A university degree or training in the field of communications/media sciences, journalism, communication management or comparable qualification
- Professional experience in press and public relations and online communication
- Knowledge of all journalistic forms of presentation and common communication tools
- Experience in the editorial support of websites and social media channels
- Extensive expertise in the fields of Europe, political education and/or social diversity
- Reliable contacts to journalists in the departments of the national media relevant for the tasks of the EYP
- Experience in the management and editing of publications
- Project and time management skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of the various actors and diplomatic skills
- Social skills and intercultural competence
- High motivation and ability to work in a team as well as the ability to work under pressure and independently, result-orientation
- Excellent English language skills and stylistic confidence in spoken and written
- Strong German skills are considered an asset
We look forward to receiving applications from people of all nationalities, religions, genders, sexual identities, different ages and people with disabilities.
What we offer
You will be working in a young, international, and dynamic team in the centre of Berlin. You will actively participate in the work and development of the European Youth Parliament and our activities and will be able to bring your ideas and skills to an evolving organisation.
The envisaged time of entry is as soon as possible, but no later than November 2020. We are seeking a full-time project manager until December 2021, with a possible prolongation.
Interested? – Apply until October 11th 2020
Please submit your application in English online, through: https://sf-applications.survey.fm/call-forapplications-communications-manager-eyp. In the online application form, please attach your cover letter, CV, any references you want to share, your desired salary as well as your soonest availability. For questions, please contact Anya Suprunenko, Executive Director of the European Youth Parliament, through email@example.com.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!