Are you passionate about social impact? Ready to tackle the world’s toughest problems? Eager to develop your potential in the fast-paced and dynamic field of consulting?
Join SEEK Development as Consultant – Development Finance
SEEK is a strategic and organizational consulting group dedicated to global human development and social impact.
We are driven by the aspiration to strengthen the system of global development as a whole, as well as the key actors shaping it, so that they are best positioned to collectively tackle the world’s toughest problems. We work mainly in the fields of global health, education, development finance, global financing architecture for development, humanitarian assistance, and donor analytics. SEEK’s portfolio of services includes strategy and policy development, organizational effectiveness and change management, leadership and governance, and strategic advocacy.
SEEK combines the professionalism of top management consulting with cutting-edge knowledge of the global development ecosystem and expertise in leading multi-stakeholder and organizational development processes. We support leading international agencies, national governments, foundations, non-governmental organizations, and corporations to maximize their social impact. For more information visit: www.seekdevelopment.org. As part of our work, we run the Donor Tracker platform, a free, online resource that seeks to unlock advocacy potential in major OECD DAC donor countries by providing advocates for global development with free access to high-quality strategic information to support their work.
About your role
SEEK Development is hiring for a Consultant with significant and demonstrated experience in evidence-based and data-driven approaches in the field of international development finance, advocacy and resource mobilization. Working in a team environment, and directly with our clients, the Consultant will:
- Lead analyses – gathering, formulating and testing hypotheses based on quantitative and qualitative information
- Lead the data analytics for the Donor Tracker (using R), and supervise process to provide our in-house country experts with cutting-edge analytics on donor financing for global development, including in our sectoral areas of expertise (global health, agriculture, education, nutrition, gender, climate finance)
- Lead on developing methodological approaches and implementation of quantitative analyses for client projects on selected development finance topics related to the SDG agenda
- Serve as an in-house expert on quantitative analyses of financing for global development, sharing knowledge and perspectives with team members, partners, and clients
- Contribute to developing high-impact programmatic/financing strategies for top organizations in global development
- Manage project workstreams and related client relationships
- Actively contribute to business development and to further building SEEK’s knowledge base
You are passionate about social impact and want to put your consulting skills to work in the field of global development, with a major focus on development finance topics. Curious and analytical, you are passionate about data analytics and visualization, and believe in the power of cutting-edge analyses to support and advance global development. You enjoy working in teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for our clients, and look at challenges from a holistic perspective to unpack the real issues. You are a committed self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong qualifications.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in political science, public policy, international relations, economics, statistics or related field, with strong emphasis on quantitative approaches and from an acclaimed university
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the global development sector, working for a leading international organization or a consulting firm
- Excellent knowledge of current development finance landscape and architecture, and knowledge of issues related to data monitoring and tracking with regards to development finance
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated work experience in using OECD DAC databases on official development assistance (ODA); expertise on other development finance-related data bases (e.g. UNOCHA FTS) a strong asset
- Experience drafting high-quality presentations and reports, complemented by strong oral communication skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, dedicated to client service in fast-paced environment
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and good knowledge of MS-office tools; advanced knowledge of Excel is a must
- Strong command of R for data cleaning and data manipulation is a must
- Fluency in written and oral English
What we offer
- Unique chance to drive social impact in a fast-growing global development consultancy
- International work environment and clients
- Passionate, dynamic, and values-driven team of colleagues in constant search of excellence
- Hands-on mentorship and training to develop your potential and see you thrive
- Career development opportunities
Join our team!
Interested? To apply, please submit your application (cover letter, resume, references) to email@example.com stating SEEK- Consultant – Development Finance /+your surname in the subject line by January 3rd, 2021. Please note your earliest possible start date and expected salary. We will screen applications on a rolling basis - selected candidates will be invited for a multistage interview process.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!