- Berlin, Germany (must have work visa) OR Remote (CAT or CET time zone only)
- Closing on 19 February 2021 at 22:59 (UTC+00:00)
Skateistan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage applications from people who identify as ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and individuals from groups that have been marginalized. Where candidates feel comfortable doing so, we encourage them to disclose this in their application.
Overall purpose of job:
The Programs Manager - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of Skateistan’s MEL systems, including the training and support of Skate School teams to undertake data collection and implement MEL activities. You will take the lead in reports management and oversight, training, research and development, needs assessments, as well as learning and reflection to inform organizational decision making. Your creativity and cross cultural collaboration skills will be essential in developing evaluation tools and contributing to strategic direction. You will be a key member of Skateistan’s programs team working across Afghanistan, Cambodia, Germany, South Africa, Jordan and other countries in the future.
We recognize that many excellent candidates may not meet every requirement listed below, therefore if you are excited about this position and think you would do a great job and meet many of the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning for Skateistan’s Core Programs and Activities:
- Management and oversight of Skateistan’s overall MEL system as outlined in Skateistan’s Performance Management Plan, ensuring it captures the necessary data to demonstrate the impact of the organization’s programs using both quantitative and qualitative measures
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting the progress of programs and projects against set timelines and milestones; ensuring MEL is in line with donor expectations and current best practice in the youth development, Sport-for-Development and Peace (SDP), and community development fields
- Ensure systems are in place to provide all necessary data to meet donor reporting requirements
- Convey key messages and successes from MEL of programs activities to the Programs Director and Development Director
- Inform decision-making about the organization’s short and long term programming objectives, in collaboration with Programs Director and General Managers
- Support grant-writing and proposals to potential donors by providing input on MEL plans, including MEL budgets
- Work with the MEL Officer to ensure bi-annual questionnaires and other MEL activities are completed on time at all locations
- Oversee effective spending of Adaptive MEL Budgets in collaboration with the General Managers and Programs Director
- Initiate research projects to support the organization’s long term impact goals
- Occasional travel to the Skate Schools to conduct MEL training and activities in person and / or occasional travel to conferences
Learning and Research to support MEL Activities and new Program Development:
- Support the Programs Officer with training and onboarding new MEL Educators with Skateistan’s MEL activities and systems
- Attend relevant conferences and/or work-related training courses to further MEL learning and professional relationship building
- Stay current on best practices in development and participatory data collection
- Support the Skate School teams to develop MEL tools that will support their programs innovation goals and help them reach new communities (IDP, parents, farmers, streetworking children and their families) and new thematic areas (STEM, e-learning, vocational training, accessible programs for students with disabilities) . These can include needs assessments, focus groups and other suitable methods.
- Train and mentor national positions (Community Educators, MEL Educators, Programs Officers and General Managers) in data collection methods, MEL processes and activities. Weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually for each Skate School
- Work with the Programs Director to research new potential directions for programs
Key Performance Indicators:
- Edit and oversee quarterly narrative and analysis on programs globally by reflecting on site goals and communicating with Skate School Managers for analysis and recommendations
- Build capacity of 4+ national Skate School Managers, ensuring they understand their MEL commitments and reporting goals
- Work with MEL Officer to build capacity of 5+ national staff (MEL Educators and Programs Officers) to implement MEL activities
- GM, POs and Community Educators understand and value the importance of MEL (survey)
- Two knowledge sharing or MEL collaboration sessions per month with the Skate School programs teams
Minimum professional and academic experience:
- 5 years relevant experience in the field of international development
- 3 years management experience
- Degree in Development Studies, MEL, Statistics, Social Work, or related program; or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing a database, developing logical frameworks and developing and using MEL tools in a professional context.
Desired experience and skills:
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Fluent English speaker
- Ability to work effectively across cultures
- “Can do” attitude towards every task
- Creative problem solving
- Experience creating logical frameworks for social programs
- Experience with Salesforce or another data management system
- Self motivated
- Excellent time management and general organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong eye for detail and effective time management with tight deadlines
- Experience working for a non-profit
- Experience working in Sport-for-Development
- Experience in database management,
- Experience in project management,
- Experience in monitoring evaluation and learning
- Experience working with people with English as a Foreign Language
Skateistan has zero tolerance for child abuse, and we require every employee and volunteer to sign our child protection policy declaration and pass a thorough check up including but not limited to a police clearance certificate.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter through the application form below.
Sign in to apply
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!