ABOUT COMMON GOAL
Common Goal (powered by streetfootballworld) is a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges in the world today – from HIV/AIDS to gender inequality to youth unemployment. The UN has defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals.
The idea is simple: Common Goal’s members (football players, managers, fans and businesses) pledge 1% of their earnings to a central fund. And together we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the Global Goals.
Since Common Goal’s inception in August 2017, more than 130 professional football players and managers, including Liverpool FC head coach Jürgen Klopp, World Cup winners Juan Mata and Megan Rapinoe, influential football officials such as UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin, football legends such as Eric Cantona and a first professional club (FC Nordsjaelland of the top flight league Denmark) have joined the movement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Community Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of Common Goal’s member experience – from welcoming and on-boarding new members to staging community events that foster member engagement and connection to sharing news updates and stories that enable our members to experience the impact of their pledges.
Based at streetfootballworld’s headquarter in Berlin, you will be part of a dedicated community management team that strives to innovate and establish best-in-class member service processes and solutions. You will also collaborate closely with other Common Goal departments including new member acquisition and media management in an effort to take the Common Goal movement to new heights.
- To support our member communication across each stage of the customer lifecycle, from the formal onboarding and announcement of members to the timely delivery of impact reporting, ensuring that our members receive the right information at the right time and can experience the difference they are making
- To help organise community events and coordinate field visits that drive member engagement and connection
- To manage direct communication with our partners at Transnational Giving Europe in relation to enabling tax-effective cross-border donations for our members
- To design and implement new member service offers and processes that help boost operational efficiency and enhance the experience of our members
- To track measures of community engagement (such as our members’ Common Goal related social media activity) and gather feedback on our members’ motivations, needs and satisfaction
- To keep track of and organise financial information that feeds into our P/L statements
- You hold a university degree in marketing, communications, business administration, sociology or a similar field of studies
- You have a minimum of two years professional work experience and understand donor/customer centric communications and experience design
- You are a team player and great communicator skilled at building relationships
- You are curious and constantly looking for improved ways of doing things
- You possess strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask
- You have experience using CRM software and are an avid user of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications (Analytics, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- You are a native or native-fluent English speaker (any additional languages are a plus)
- You thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause
- The opportunity to play a key role in growing a movement that seeks to unleash the power of football for social development on a global scale
- A motivating work culture with flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours, an inspiring and centrally located office and 30 days annual leave to enable an optimal balance between work and family life
- A full-time position based in Berlin with an initial 12-month contract to start in January 2020 with the possibility of extension into a permanent position.
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Community Manager?
If so, you can get yourself in the game by submitting your application by 15 November, 2019, via this online application form.
- Your CV
- A cover letter outlining your motivation and aptitude for the job
- Other relevant application documents (references, certificates, diplomas etc.)
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!