Job ID 49508
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Brussels, Belgium, or London UK
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Director of Corporate Engagement for TNC Europe furthers the work of the Conservancy and its conservation partners through direct interaction and partnerships with businesses headquartered in Europe focusing on practices, policy and funding initiatives that provide conservation opportunities and/or impact our global conservation programs and mission.
The Director of Corporate Engagement for TNC Europe partners with business entities at all levels to further the Conservancy’s mission. S/he supports our global conservation goals by developing and implementing partnerships with individual companies and industry platforms. Duties include regular contact with corporate representatives regarding actions related to the mission of The Nature Conservancy, strategic partnerships and fundraising activity to increase the level of financial support for TNC Europe and global projects and priorities. The Director of Corporate Engagement at TNC Europe represents The Nature Conservancy before special interest groups, and engages key private officials to increase support for TNC’s mission and programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Identifies opportunities and evaluates the potential for strategic corporate partnerships and develops and implements strategies to influence corporate practice at the national, regional and/or global level.
- Engages companies on advancing their sustainability strategies through better management of their place-based impacts, more sustainable supply-chain management and aspects of their other business practice, as they relate to impacts on climate and biodiversity.
- Builds relationships at a leadership level with the European corporate sector that may lead to increased financial and other support for the Conservancy's objectives, forming part of a team with philanthropy and marketing leads to promote broad-ranging partnerships between individual companies and TNC.
- Works closely with the Europe government relations team to understand and advise on public private partnership opportunities and to understand the EU policy context for corporates.
- Represents TNC at industry networks and industry wide platforms such as RSPO, TFA, Consumer Goods Forum.
- Works through consultation and agreement with others across TNC, including regional, functional and thematic leads.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of related senior-level work experience, such as experience in corporate social responsibility or corporate sustainability.
- Fluency in English. Other European languages are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships across an organization and with external partners such as corporations, industry associations etc.
- Experience in leading complex partnership agreements/negotiations and presenting to and communicating with decision-makers including corporate executives, board members and others.
- Experience designing, implementing and directing multiple and multifaceted projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Experience communicating complex processes and ideas effectively to a variety of audiences within and outside an organization.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Master’s degree appreciated.
- Significant experience in public policy, conservation/environmental policy, regulatory advocacy, and public funding.
- Outstanding analytical and project management capabilities. Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and implement complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to participate effectively in a highly matrixed and remote team environment.
- Corporate fundraising experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter, detailing how you fulfil the role description and personal specification to https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies/ quoting reference 5064. The deadline for applications is 9am BST on Wednesday 7th April 2021.
The role can ideally be based in Berlin, London or Brussels. Flexible working policies apply, especially during the current Covid Pandemic. The salary is competitive and commensurate with the experience required.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
**Note: There is an application form available directly at the website stated below.**
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!