We are looking for a strategic, organised, and efficient individual who has experience in project management and developing and maintaining relationships with civil society partners on collaborative projects.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position until March 2022. The position can be done either from our Berlin office or remotely from any location in Europe, Turkey, or the Middle East.
We are an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.
The Syria Campaign is a small, fast moving and powerful human rights organisation that is building new ways for digital and creative communications to have impact. We work to support Syria’s heroes in the struggle for freedom and democracy, justice and accountability, and civilian safety, partnering with civil society partners inside and outside the country. We’ve moved beyond the limitations of an “online movement builder” or traditional NGO, fusing the best elements of think tanks, creative agencies and digital mobilisation to shift the narrative on Syria. Our staff team is based across the USA, Morocco, Turkey, the UK, Canada and Germany.
The Syria Campaign is launching a new project in partnership with Syria human rights organisations that are demanding action for Syria’s detained and forcibly disappeared people. Our approach centers around elevating the voices and demands of survivors and victims’ groups, making the scale of detention and disappearance in Syria known globally and thus increasing the pressure on the decision makers to get families information about their loved ones and ensuring justice and accountability are a key measure for any future peace process. The Campaign and Partnership Lead will be responsible for coordinating with the human rights organisations, supporting public campaigns and capacity building in order to support victims and survivors of detention and enforced disappearance in Syria with their advocacy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and organisations advocating for Syria’s detainees.
- Support partners to devise goals and strategies for human rights and advocacy campaigns on detention and enforced disappearance.
- Organise and coordinate events and activities that influence decision makers and meet the demands of project partners.
- Lead on the reporting, monitoring and evaluation of key activities.
- Support and coordinate training for partners to tell their stories across digital, broadcast and print channels.
- Work closely with the campaign and communications teams to conceptualize campaign and advocacy projects and produce content for digital platforms in consultation with partners.
- Project manage a new podcast series about the issue of detention in Syria.
- Work with the communications team to identify media stories, gather testimonies and liaise with the media.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A proven track record of working with civil society coalitions, victim groups, or NGO partners.
- A proven track record of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience within human rights advocacy, storytelling, digital mobilisation, or content creation.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to work with a remote and global team.
- Knowledge of the Syrian context, a commitment to human rights, and a sensitivity to victims of serious human rights violations and their families.
- A proven track record in delivering training/capacity building programmes (desirable).
The Syria Campaign is committed to making sure everyone on the team is happy, productive and motivated. Here’s how we do that:
Salary is competitive and in line with international organisations.
The job can be done from our Berlin office or by a remote candidate based elsewhere in Europe, Turkey or the Middle East. We have team members in the United States, Germany, the UK, Morocco and Canada and will provide you with a space in a co-working office wherever you are based. We have full staff retreats every year to keep us connected.
We provide budget, time and support for your professional development.
We give 25 days of leave a year, public holidays and discretionary break over the end of year holidays. We offer family friendly parental leave policies.
To apply for this role, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter describing why you’re the ideal candidate. Please put ‘Campaign and Partnership Lead’ in the email subject line.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2020
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!