Expert in Agricultural Policy (f/m/d – 100%)
At TMG – Töpfer, Müller, Gassner – ThinkTank for Sustainability, we work to empower sustainability transformations. Together with stakeholders from science, civil society, politics, and the private sector we develop innovative strategies for the implementation of sustainable development agendas.
Current food systems are lacking the ability to provide secure incomes and safe working conditions to farmers, deliver affordable, sustainable and healthy food to consumers, and conserve the natural resources and services upon which it depends. At TMG Research, we support the design and implementation of structural reforms that are necessary to address and correct these issues, primarily by applying a food systems approach that addresses human, social and environmental impacts across entire value chains. For example, as part of Think2030, we work with European partners in the analysis of agricultural policies and in the design of transformational pathways for sustainable agriculture in Germany and Europe. We also engage businesses in the food and farming sector in the development and pilot testing of true cost accounting (TCA) guidelines, largely inspired by the TEEBAgriFood initiative.
We are currently seeking applications for an experienced
Research Associate (f/m/d) (100%)
in the field of German and international agricultural policy to join our food systems team. The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities.
The research associate would be expected to:
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to the further development of TMG’s work on agricultural policy and sustainable food systems, and support in strategically positioning TMG Research in the relevant (policy) debates
- Independently manage agreed work packages to ensure their implementation
- Conduct research and draft scientific papers, policy briefs and other publications
- Proactively liaise with partner organizations and other stakeholders
- Support the overall work programme on agricultural policy, including process and output quality management, budget controlling, and reporting, in close collaboration with the project coordinator
- Proactively support the development of new project proposals and ideas
What we offer:
- Working in an applied research organisation with a truly international work programme and the aspiration to enable sustainability transformations
- A dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly working environment
- A position that is remunerated in accordance with the TVöD E13
- At least three years of relevant work experience in agricultural policy analysis, at German and European level
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, political sciences, natural resource management, or related fields in sustainability
- Profound knowledge on relevant agriculture and development policies such as the European Common Agricultural Policy.
- Experience and interest in understanding and reforming agricultural policy from a food system perspective
- Experience and strong interest in scientific desk and applied research as well as in writing and communication
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively, diplomatically, and sensitively with a wide range of partners from science, politics, and civil society
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, strong team-spirit and a commitment to working within a dynamic transdisciplinary, policy-relevant research field
Depending on the final approval of additional resources, this position is to be filled as soon as possible, and until 31.12.2021.
TMG Research gGmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at TMG Research is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is TMG Research’s policy to comply with all applicable national and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Applications including a cover letter, CV, names of two references (contact persons), and links to selected publications (academic and non-academic publications are equally welcome) should be submitted in one PDF document (max. 5 MB) until 14 September 2020. Please upload your application online via the application button and refer in your application to the website where the job ad was published.
The interviews will take place at the end of September 2020.
For information on the position, please contact Jes Weigelt via email (email@example.com). For details on the application process, please contact Anna Günther via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TMG Research gGmbH
Tel.: +49 (30) 92 10 74 07 – 00
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!