Application Closing Date – 20 Nov 2019
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Research and Knowledge Team supports the achievement of TI-S’ goals through the development of cutting-edge research products providing support to the organisation’s advocacy initiatives through the collection of robust evidence and serves the knowledge needs of key stakeholders within the anti-corruption community. As part of the Research and Knowledge Team, the Research Coordinator addresses the knowledge needs of the anti-corruption movement via conducting desk research and developing a range of research and knowledge products. The Research Coordinator will more specifically focus on the expansion, promotion and operation of TI ‘s Anti-Corruption Helpdesk which offers the TI network and other selected stakeholders on-demand research on a range of corruption-related topics. The Research Coordinator will also provide research support to various projects and contribute to a variety of organisational tasks as required.
Main function: Provision of research support and knowledge services to key stakeholders in support of TI’s 2020 strategic priorities.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin/Germany, with international travel
Team: Research and Knowledge
- Conduct and coordinate secondary desk research on anti-corruption topics to address the knowledge needs of the TI movement and other stakeholders in a timely manner through the TI Anti-Corruption Helpdesk
- Contribute to the TI research portfolio by taking part in specified aspects of research project management, delivery of research tools, monitoring and quality control, and the production of publications and other outreach materials
- Research and editorial support to multi-country research projects
- Develop new knowledge products in support of TI’s 2020 strategic priorities (e.g. topic guides, training modules, working papers, etc.)
- Draft papers and other material for internal and external purposes (e.g. reports, publications, policy analysis, presentations in policy fora or for fundraising purposes)
- Coordinate a pool of external contributors as well as a network of leading international anti-corruption experts
- Promote and disseminate TI-S’ knowledge products through various platforms, channels and outreach activities (e.g. blogs, social media, workshops and conferences)
- Support the integration of research and knowledge outputs into TI’s advocacy work in priority areas
- Provide assistance on a wide range of tasks (e.g. editorial, administrative, organisational) when required, with scope to support other team projects, processes or work areas
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation and learning activities
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Masters or equivalent in a relevant academic field (e.g. economics, political science, business or non-profit management or similar)
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in social research with a focus on desk research; knowledge of relevant research methodologies with a track record of producing operationally and policy relevant research required
- Proven experience in conducting policy analysis and writing policy-oriented reports
- Extensive knowledge of anti-corruption, good governance and development fields required
- Expertise in one of TI strategic priorities desirable (political integrity, dirty money, gender, SDGs)
- Demonstrated organisational and project management skills
- Strong editorial experience and writing skills required, coupled with good oral communication skills, with experience in using social media an advantage
- Business fluency in English required; additional languages (in particular Spanish and/or French) an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office (incl. Excel), online communications and related applications
- Proven commitment to social justice issues and the values of Transparency International
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter, CV and a writing sample in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 20 November 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short listed candidates will be contacted and that it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!