** Note: Job offer published on April 15th, 2021 **
Violence Prevention Network is a group of experienced specialists who have been successfully engaged in the prevention of extremism, as well as in the deradicalisation of extremist-motivated criminals, for almost 20 years. Violence Prevention Network is based in Germany and was one of the first organisations in Europe that focused its initiatives from the beginning in 2001 on the topic of deradicalisation and EXIT work. Through its work with right-wing extremists and those endangered by Islamist extremism, Violence Prevention Network has acquired expertise in the field of working with ideologically motivated criminal offenders inside an outside prison which is recognised throughout Germany and Europe.
Our vision is that ideologically vulnerable people and violent offenders motivated by extremist ideologies change their behaviour through deradicalisation efforts and become part of the democratic community, in order to prevent and avert extremism of any kind. Violence Prevention Network works to ensure that people have the tools and resources available to reflect on and overcome their previous behaviour patterns. The goal is to enable them to live a life in which they do not harm themselves or others.
Regarding the field of Prevention and Deradicalisation in prison and probation, Violence Prevention Network’s role is to coordinate the development of quality criteria and standards with several NGOs working in this area in Germany and to bridge between the NGOs and the governmental structures.
In the context of international policy advice, Violence Prevention Network brings practical work results to various international committees and organisations, think tanks and research institutes. Violence Prevention Network has counselled a number of institutions and several European Governments regarding the development of national or regional strategies of PVE and CVE. Violence Prevention Network is also part of the Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) since its inception meeting in 2011 and part of the RAN Management Consortium since 2019.
Regarding our international initiatives, we are looking for a Junior Expert – Consultancy and Training in P/CVE: part/full time, in Berlin, with monthly business trips within Europe, compensation in accordance to TVÖD Bund
- Working in our European Team and playing a role in developing ways to prevent radicalisation in Europe
- Implementing client requirements; providing input to professional debates on the subject
- Planning and carrying out workshops, seminars, events and trainings
- Creating and editing scripts for different formats of publication
- Creating interview guidelines, designing and realising surveys
- You are an expert in the field of preventing and countering radicalisation (must have: a Master’s degree in a relevant thematic field, e.g. sociology, political science or social science, or a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least four years attested by a diploma)
- Your work experience is at least 3 years of experience in the field of P/CVE, radicalisation, deradicalisation and extremism
- Experience in scientific working (editing and writing of scientific scripts)
- Knowledge about tools or methodologies to be used in prevention work
- Working in a dynamic, demanding environment and flexibility to travel accordingly are natural to you
- You possess strong project management and communication skills as well as a pragmatic, proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- You have experience in working with teams to deliver high quality to different stakeholders
- You are fluent in English and German (French is an asset)
- Software knowledge (comprehensive knowledge in word processing, spreadsheets, Powerpoint, Teams, Zoom, Webbex)
- Considerable talent for communication, reliability, authenticity, empathy, intercultural competence and the ability to manage conflicts
- You are capable of expressing yourself confidently both verbally and in writing in German and English for a variety of target groups
- A multi-professional team
- Participation in a socially relevant topic
- Flexible working time arrangements
- A responsible and varied job
- An international area of activity
- 30 days recreational leave p.a.
Convinced? If so, we are looking forward to your informative written application, including 1.) detailed curriculum vitae, 2.) police clearance certificates (may be handed in later) and 3.) one analytical document of 15 pages maximum in relation to the field of preventing and countering radicalisation. Please send your application to email@example.com, stating the reference number W006 in the subject line.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!