WATER INTEGRITY NETWORK VACANCY
Programme Coordinator - Capacity Development and West Africa
WIN is looking for a dynamic and experienced Programme Coordinator, to be based in Berlin, Germany
The Water Integrity Network Association (WIN e.V.) is looking for an experienced Programme Coordinator to support its vision of ‘a world with equitable and sustained access to water and a clean environment, which is no longer threatened by corruption, greed, dishonesty and wilful malpractice’.
Based in Berlin, the Coordinator will report to the Executive Director, and contribute to a small and committed multi-cultural team in building partnerships and alliances, raising resources, and implementing WIN’s strategic objectives.
WIN supports an open network of individuals, organizations, and governments working to improve water integrity worldwide. We research the impact of corruption and poor integrity in the water sector, and advocate for better governance. We also develop and promote tools for greater Transparency, Accountability, Participation, and the introduction of Anti-corruption measures at all levels. WIN focuses on capacity development and reducing integrity risks in programmes worldwide, with the aim of improving water sector performance and equity to the benefit of all, especially the most vulnerable.
WIN’s working language is English with staff having additional languages to support to regional programmes. With the development of the team, specific responsibilities may be realigned in consultation with staff over time.
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for two distinct work streams from the WIN Strategy 2017-2022 ‘Engaging with partners for change’:
- Scaling capacity development initiatives on water integrity and governance, and leveraging the learnings and recommendations that WIN gathers through its work and that of its partners.
- Developing and implementating programmes and strategic advocacy related to water integrity in West-Africa;
- Lead development and implementation of WIN’s capacity development and training programme
- Manage and develop WIN initiatives and programmes in West-Africa to ensure the effective delivery of related outcomes under WIN’s global strategy
- Maintain and implement a regional advocacy approach and ensure the dissemination of WIN tools, methodologies, training programmes and knowledge products in West Africa
- Identify, develop and maintain relevant key partnerships globally
- Stimulate relevant partnerships and multi-stakeholder platforms
- Contribute actively to dialogue on water integrity and anti-corruption in relevant thematic and geographic working groups and initiatives, generate and/or mobilise required technical expertise and provide (remote) backstopping when required
- Initiate, conduct and maintain strategic dialogue with high level actors from local government, private sector, civil society, regional and international organisations
- Act as focal point and relationship manager with donors investing in West Africa and capacity development
- Provide inputs into TEC (Tools, Evidence and Capacity) and Country Programme Teams
- Ensure good quality monitoring and reporting for the ongoing contracts with donors and implementing partners (grant agreements, consultancy and funding contracts)
- Promote WIN’s values internally and externally and support the organisation’s learning path
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing international development programmes, preferably in the water sector, and/or in the anti-corruption / capacity development fields:
- At least 2 years of experience working in West Africa, having developed a network of relevant contacts and a track record of achievements; and/or,
- At least 2 years of experience in capacity development, and training design, development and implementation (online and face-to-face)
- Fluency in French and English
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising, project development/budgeting and proposal writing
- Relevant post-graduate degree
- Experience in the facilitation of events and workshops, and conducting trainings and public speaking events in French
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with, promoting gender equality (desirable)
- Experience with NGO advocacy and knowledge management (desirable)
OTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE VACANCY
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Contract: 2 years, renewable
Location: WIN office, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Reports to the WIN Executive Director
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job grade: III
Remuneration: Depending upon experience, within WIN salary scale, grade III. Relocation allowance according to WIN e.V. rules.
We invite qualified candidates to submit via email a cover letter, expressing their motivation and qualifications, and a full CV, including references to: Recruitment@win-s.org. Applications will be treated strictly confidential.
In your cover letter, please systematically indicate your experience and skills in relation to the mentioned job duties and requirements and clearly state your motivation.
Deadline for applications is 18 February 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WIN e.V. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about WIN, visit our website at http://www.waterintegritynetwork.net.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!