WIN is looking for a dynamic and experienced water integrity and programmes expert to replace our Programme Manager from mid-August 2020 (maternity leave cover, 14-months part time contract).
The Water Integrity Network Association (WIN) is an international NGO that researches the impact of corruption and poor integrity in the water sector and advocates for better governance jointly with a global network of partners. We develop and promote tools for more Transparency, Accountability, Participation, and the introduction of Anti-corruption measures at all levels. We focus on capacity development and risk prevention in water and sanitation sector programmes worldwide, with the aim of improving performance and equity to the benefit of all.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The programme manager/coordinator is responsible for
- The development and implementation of programmes, partnerships and strategic advocacy with priority partners at the international level;
- Leading WIN’s advocacy on integrity in water sector financing;
- Fundraising and development of proposals.
The programme manager/coordinator contributes to knowledge sharing and learning functions within the WIN Association and with partners, capacity development and possibly tools, as well as WIN annual planning and reporting processes.
- Lead the development and management of WIN initiatives and programmes with priority partners incl. GWP, IRC, possibly ESAWAS and others
- Contribute to the development and implementation of partnerships with GIZ, AMCOW and others
- Coordinate the advocacy campaign “Government, Pay Your Water Bills!” jointly with EWP
- Coordinate, develop and conduct advocacy messages and products on on integrity in water sector financing
- Coordinate the development of knowledge products related to relevant partnerships and topics
- Support the executive director in identifying fundraising opportunities and coordinate the development of proposals
- Contribute to the development of the WIN network
- Contribute to the development of training materials, tools
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in international development programmes in the water and sanitation sector (with specific experience in water governance/system strengthening) or in the anti-corruption field;
- Strong experience and proven track record in developing and coordinating (preferably multi-stakeholder) partnerships;
- Strong experience in planning and conducting advocacy at the international level;
- Strong network among and knowledge of relevant water sector and development organizations;
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising;
- Good knowledge of water sector financing and related integrity risks and measures (public, development and commercial finance) is highly desirable;
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Team player with high degree of personal integrity;
- Experience working in a developing country;
- Experience in facilitation of events and workshops;
- Relevant post-graduate degree;
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of Spanish and/or French desirable;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, promoting gender equity desirable.
OTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE VACANCY
Job Title: Programme Manager or Coordinator (depending on the level of experience)
Contract: 14 months (mid-August 2020 to mid-October 2021), 50 – 70%
Location: WIN office, Berlin, Germany, with a possibility of working remotely inside the EU or another jurisdiction that allows employment as per German labour law and has a double taxation treaty with Germany
Reporting lines: Reports to the WIN Executive Director
Starting date: 16. August 2020
Job grade: III or IV, depending on experience
Remuneration: Depending upon experience, within WIN salary scale, grade III or IV. Relocation allowance (if applicable) according to WIN e.V. rules.
We invite qualified candidates to submit via email a cover letter, expressing their motivation and qualifications, and a full CV, including references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
In your cover letter, please systematically indicate your experience and skills in relation to the mentioned job duties and requirements and clearly state your motivation.
Deadline for applications is 2nd June 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WIN e.V. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about WIN, visit our website at http://www.waterintegritynetwork.net.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!