Project Lead for My Country Talks (m/w/d)
Berlin – Vollzeit – Befristeter Vertrag
My Country Talks is an international platform for political dialogue, initiated by ZEIT ONLINE in 2017. Our goal is to set up personal one-on-one discussions between people with completely different viewpoints – thus establishing a new form of political debate. Together with our partners, we have initiated debates in more than 40 countries around the world. Until today, more than 150,000 people have signed up for a My Country Talks event.
We are hiring for the newly created role of Project Lead for My Country Talks, based in Berlin, Germany. The full-time position will start in June 2020 (one year fixed-term contract). The successful candidate will work for a non-profit organization that is currently being formed and will report directly to the Editorial Board of ZEIT ONLINE and the Managing Board of the non-profit organization.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- initiating and hosting dialogue-events on an international, national and local level on behalf of MCT
- supporting international media partners in organizing MCT events
- managing the MCT project team and its day-to-day operations
- representing MCT as a speaker at conferences and other public events
- maintaining and growing our international network of media partners
- building relationships with organizations supporting MCT
- acquiring new sources of funding and support for MCT
- working with external software engineers on the development of the MCT software as well as with our legal counsel on questions related to data protection and privacy
- You have several years of experience working for an internationally operating digital media company, non-profit organization or foundation
- You have demonstrated excellent project management skills, ideally in international or cross-border projects.
- You are used to working on digital projects that require the use and development of new software tools.
- You are a confident and inspiring public speaker and are used to speaking in front of larger audiences.
- You have a good understanding of online journalism and the media landscape in Germany and abroad.
- You speak English fluidly and like to travel.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!