Start: Juli 2019 or later
Office: Berlin (full-time)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 80 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Continuously innovating Kiron’s online learning environment together with a team of curriculum creators, software engineers and product lovers
- Setting instructional end goals for students to succeed in their academic and professional aspirations
- Co-producing digital learning materials and Kiron courses targeted to our learners’ needs
- Creating supporting material/media and devise modes of assessment and feedback to measure the effectiveness and lovability of our courses
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process and motivation
- Help build a unique learning community of Kiron students and change makers worldwide
Your set of skills
- You hold a degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field
- You possess profound knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- You are familiar with ed-tech solutions and have innovative ideas on how to translate pedagogical concepts into digital infrastructure
- You have experience with multimedia content production, creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- You have the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- You are experienced in building learning communities online
- You are a self-starter, adaptive and resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on students’ needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Send your application via e-mail with the subject “ID2 + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 30.07.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.
Available at https://kiron.ngo/e-learning-instructional-designer/
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!