LINQ is a boutique project management firm that connects scientists from around the world and helps them turn ideas into solutions: We help them structure their projects, find the funding, and implement their research activities according to plan so that each group can achieve the biggest possible impact. Our projects are mostly health related, bringing together a large number of people from different disciplines and various countries who together want to make a difference. We have strong ties to renowned scientists and industry leaders across the globe, in particular Africa, Europe and North America.
What we offer
- Small and driven team with flat hierarchies
- Ability to work from home at least one day a week
- International travel (such as Africa, Europe, North America)
- Work on state-of-the-art medical research projects that aim to improve patients’ lives
- Beautiful office in Berlin Charlottenburg (5-minute walk from the S-Bahn)
Job Description – Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Manager to support the team in planning, managing and administering international research and development projects. You will be working closely with your team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Specific responsibilities include progress and financial monitoring, project reporting, financial management, support of dissemination, networking and marketing activities as well as contract management. When it comes to planning new projects and setting up grant applications, your tasks include strategic advice, alignment of planned activities with the funders’ requirements and programme objectives, structuring project work plans, writing and/or optimizing proposal texts, supporting financial planning and budget preparation, and the planning of measures to maximize project impact. Depending on your experience and interests, you may also engage in providing training and capacity building workshops within projects or independently for clients worldwide. In any case, your work will include international travel to participate in project meetings and conferences.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in project management in an international context and the ability to work in project teams of various sizes.
- Coordinating with colleagues and project partners to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Meeting with project partners to discuss the work plan, identify potential issues and find solutions
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they meet quality standards and funders’ requirements
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analysing and summarising relevant information and data from the project partners
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution
- Facilitating changes to project’s work plan to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
- Identifying and developing new opportunities on project and/or company level
- Education and experience:
- MA/MSc or equivalent
- International experience
- Proven experience in project management
- Ability to work in project teams of various sizes
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Budget management experience
- MBA or equivalent is a plus
- Experience in working in a research and development environment, with start-ups and/or SMEs
- Strong people skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Willingness to travel
- Language skills: English (full professional proficiency), German (working proficiency)
Deadline and Important Dates
Please send your application (cover letter and CV) as one single file to Claudia Schacht, email@example.com by Sept 2, 2019. Short-listed candidates may be invited to a preliminary skype interview between September 4 and 6, and in-person interviews are planned to take place in Berlin between September 11 and 13, 2019.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!