Reference: ME2019-1-OMPosition: Office Manager
Contact: Theo Murphy; E-mail: email@example.com
Mediation Europe is an independent organization based in Berlin. Established in 2018, it focuses on conflict mediation and support to the wider field of stabilization.
Mediation Europe is governed by an Oversight Board composed of notable figures from the private, diplomatic, and start-up sectors. It is a nonprofit organization formally registered in Berlin, Germany (Mediation Europe e.V. in Gründung).
Mediation Europe’s methodology posits that the close interface with government and multilateral actors yields a unique value that is not often fully realized.
Through its staff and network of Advisors, Mediation Europe is able to draw upon a depth of expertise in mediation, diplomacy, and stabilization. This resource enables high-level, outcoming oriented political engagements focused on delivering concrete solutions.
To support its project work Mediation Europe is seeking from 1st February 2019:
on a 100 % fixed term position at 40 hours/week with 27 days/annual vacation for a duration of two years.
What Mediation Europe Offers
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible working hours
- Home office possibilities
- An inspiring work atmosphere
- Location in the heart of Berlin with easy access to public transport
- In-house and Complimentary: Barista, After-Work Drinks, Yoga, and Gympass membership
- Exposure to diverse Professional Events and Expert Speakers
- Supporting Logistical and Administrative aspects of the Project Implementation: Travel Arrangements both in Berlin and Africa
- Travel: Occasional travel to the East Africa region
- Event Management: In coordination with the Project Responsible, the African Union and the United Nations mediations teams (co-)organizing mediation events in Berlin and in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia including complicated travel arrangements within Africa
- Reporting: Narrative report drafting and note taking during mediation events and related meetings
- Proposals: Support the drafting and creation of new project proposals
- Communication/Interaction: Regular professional interaction with Donor and internally liaison with the Mediation Europe project responsible
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Intercultural Communication Skills
- Advanced Computer Skills: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Fluent German and Professional Level English (C1)
- Experience in East African context
- Bookkeeping skills
- Independent and self-starting
- Able to prioritize work without direct supervision
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment
Years of Experience
- Minimum of 2 Years Professional Experience
Mediation Europe is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Please contact us for any inquiry. Your application should include a short cover letter and a CV.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!