Permanent employee, Full-time · Germany, Berlin
This is an exciting opportunity to support the growing global plant-based movement. The ProVeg Global Vegan Advocacy Grants Program provides financial and capacity-building support to vegan advocacy organizations across the globe. Having launched at the end of 2018, we are currently supporting more than 70 organizations from 40 countries, with plans to expand. The Grants Program Coordinator is an important role that manages administrative details that sustain the ProVeg Global Vegan Advocacy Grants Program and is also responsible for supporting the development and implementation of global capacity-building projects. This is a position with the opportunity for growth catered toward your interests and skills, and is ideal for those pursuing a career in international capacity development and/or grantmaking.
Grantmaking Programmatic Support (45%):
- Grant-funding administration, including grant transfers and liaising with international banks to develop solutions to country-specific funding constraints.
- Coordinate various types of international grantmaking.
- Support applicants and grantees.
Capacity Building Programmatic Support (45%):
- Support in developing and launching global capacity-building projects for our 70+ grant recipients from 40+ countries; coordinate with ProVeg staff to develop capacity-building resources.
- Liaising with internal and external partners to develop collaborative projects, including coordinating and monitoring project plans and schedules.
- Play a key role in organizing international events.
Other Programmatic Support (10%):
- Support program evaluations as requested.
- Maintain expense sheets, budgets, and reports.
- Other tasks and duties, as requested by the Program Director.
- Develop content for website, reports, blogs, and other platforms.
- Depending on skills – develop professional graphics and design layout for presentations, website, reports, and other applications.
- Depending on interest – possibility to assist in various areas of research.
- Depending on interest – proposing methods to increase program efficacy; proposing projects to fill unmet needs.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in program administration or any relevant professional experience.
- Enthusiasm to work with international vegan advocates, as well as strong cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Comfortable working with numbers, USD cash flow, confidential information.
- Exceptional (level C2 or native) verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, Excel, or similar.
- Strong motivation to support the plant-based movement; values aligned with those of ProVeg International.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and hold a high level of trust and self-accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a confident demeanor and a detail-oriented approach, with strong organizational skills and an ability to set and meet goals.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when they arise, and flexibility to work some non-traditional hours to accommodate multiple time zones.
- Some travel might be required.
- Comfortable working with remote supervision.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or higher in international relations, public administration, public policy, business administration, or other relevant fields.
- Ability to work independently, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Design skills are an advantage.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A strong organisational focus on personal development, with a designated training budget.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day as well as a regular supply of fresh fruit at our Berlin office.
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet.
Application deadline: 27th October 2019
Phone interviews: 1st week of November
Face-to-face interviews: Mid of November
Start date: December
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please tell us how you found this job ad. Please submit your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Should you be shortlisted, the next steps will be:
- An online task.
- A face-to-face interview (remote possible).
- If applicable, an optional ‘trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and our organisation.
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management.
Reports to: Grants Program Director
Location: Remote or from the Berlin headquarters office
Hours: 20-40 hours per week
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals.
DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) Statement
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!