Do you want to develop your potential? Tackle the world’s toughest problem? And leverage your passion for global development to create sustainable impact? Join SEEK Development as Donor Tracker Policy & Editorial Lead
About SEEK and the Donor Tracker
SEEK is a strategic and organizational consulting group dedicated to global human development and social impact. As part of our work, we run the Donor Tracker platform. The Donor Tracker, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, seeks to unlock advocacy potential in 14 major OECD DAC donor countries by providing advocates for global development with free access to high-quality strategic information to support their work. Covering about 80% of the world’s ODA, it provides insights on strategic priorities, funding trends, decision making, budgeting, and an outlook into future spending priorities.
The Donor Tracker has proven to be an extraordinary success so far. Since its launch in 2016, the website has become an indispensable resource for many global development professionals. Going forward, we plan to fully establish it as a state-of-the-art digital platform. Among other things, we plan to develop more cutting-edge insights on latest trends across the donor landscape and to strengthen partnerships with similar initiatives. To do this, we are looking for a Policy & Editorial Lead who is excited about supporting us on this journey.
About your role
You will play a key role in driving the strategic direction and further development of the Donor Tracker. Coming in at the start of the new three-year funding phase (2019-2021), you will lead a team of in-house experts in conducting cutting-edge analyses and translating these into compelling donor profiles, cross-cutting ‘insight’ stories, and commentaries. By combining your analytical and writing skills with a passion for impact, you will support the global advocacy community in maximizing its effectiveness and impact around the SDG agenda.
Your main responsibilities:
- Drive further development and oversee the production of all content published on the Donor Tracker, including donor profiles, cross-donor ‘Insight’ stories, and weekly policy updates. Includes developing innovative ideas for new topics to be covered on the Donor Tracker
- Lead the creation of cutting-edge Donor Tracker ‘Insight’ stories based on the latest trends in development policy and finance across the donor landscape, while ensuring an editorial style that is highly appealing and engaging
- Plan and ensure timely update of Donor Profiles for 14 donors covered by the Donor Tracker, and explore the feasibility of adding new emerging donor countries
- Lead and develop a team of highly motivated donor country experts
- Conduct donor analyses on a selected set of countries, chosen according to your specific expertise
- Contribute to strengthening existing and building new partnerships between Donor Tracker and similar initiatives for increasing transparency in the global development sector.
You are passionate about global development and social impact and believe in the power of cutting-edge analysis to support winning advocacy strategies. You want to exercise thought leadership in analyzing and writing about policy and funding trends of major donor countries. You enjoy working in teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions and are a committed self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of current debates and trends in international development policy with a focus on OECD donors’ official development assistance (ODA) financial flows and policies a must;
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in international development policy and finance in a leading think tank, advocacy organization, multilateral institution, or consulting firm
- Strong writing and editorial skills, ability to communicate complex ideas and findings effectively and in a concise manner to an informed audience
- Sectoral expertise on global health, education, gender equality, nutrition and/or agriculture an asset
- Experience in leading teams of policy analysts, researchers or similar
- Advanced degree in political science, international relations, economics, or related fields
- Expertise in development of content for digital outlets (e.g. regular blogs, opinion pieces, etc.),
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
What we offer
- Unique chance to drive social impact in a fast-growing global development consultancy with an entrepreneurial spirit from day one
- International work environment and clients
- Passionate, dynamic, and values-driven team of colleagues in constant search of excellence
- Hands-on mentorship and training to develop your potential and see you thrive
- Career development opportunities
Please submit your application (cover letter, resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org stating SEEK- Policy & Editorial Lead/+your surname in the subject line before October 14, 2019, highlighting your experience in international development, including on OECD donor policies and ODA flows. Please also provide a writing sample (max. 800 words) that demonstrates your expertise in policy and/or funding trends in international development. Please note your earliest possible start date and expected salary. We will screen applications on a rolling basis – selected candidates will be invited for a multistage interview process.
Available at https://www.seekdevelopment.org/node/316
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!