As press officer, you will serve on a dynamic two-person team dedicated to press at Studio Olafur Eliasson (SOE). The press team works within the Research and Communications department. Drawing on your strong background in press and media communications, you will develop press strategies and outreach; you will maintain and expand the studio’s contacts within the media community – including print, broadcast, and online media and international and specialized outlets; you will compose convincing press material; and you will respond to media enquiries. Your main focus will be the cultural press (art and architecture) as well as magazines, weeklies, and daily news outlets. You will also work with journalists covering such policy concerns as climate, energy, education, and equality.
- You have at least three years of documented professional experience in press communications with a communications agency, media outlet, art institution, or art gallery.
- You combine substantial experience planning and handling media with strategic and creative vision.
- You have established relationships with key arts and architecture journalists and are able to actively build relationships with contacts around the world.
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- You are an outstanding copywriter. (Please include two short samples of press releases and/or published clips.)
- You grasp complex briefs quickly.
- You are at home with digital and social media.
- You work exceptionally well on a team and are able to juggle multiple deadlines from a number of different colleagues with grace, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- You are enthusiastic about promoting Studio Olafur Eliasson’s wider activities.
This position requires native-level English. Good German skills (preferably both written and spoken) are desirable. Proficiency in other languages a plus.
About Studio Olafur Eliasson:
The studio team consists of about one hundred people, from specialised technicians to architects, artists, and art historians, cooks, and administrators. We work with Eliasson to experiment, develop, and install artworks, projects, and exhibitions as well as to communicate and contextualise his work.
We’re a fast-paced team that understands the importance of slow, in-depth work. We hire highly skilled team-players, and we value creative thinkers and doers with a passion for art. We work with outstanding curators, architects, craftsmen, scientists, and other creative people.
Applicants should submit a cover letter (max. 500 words), a CV with names and contact information for two references, and two writing samples to: email@example.com
For more information, please contact Anna Engberg-Pedersen, +49 (0)30 20003910
Studio Olafur Eliasson aims to promote an inclusive employment climate and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, parental or marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression.
Please note that only applicants with the relevant qualifications will receive a response.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!